Would I lie to you?

by slimboyfat 59 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    GrreatTeacher those are good stories. Maybe your husband made both of them up! I can't think of any good reason for picking one or the other. I think I'll just guess story number 1 is true, maybe because it seems more likely it's a story you've been telling recently because of the news than a story you'd make up because of recent news.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

Wrong! I win! I WIN!!! #2 is correct! I think holes,in any form or number, are awesome! The other day a cat was trying to take a dump in my garden and I jet sprayed it with vinegar! Stevy Wonder: I just called to say I HATE you! I can't get that god awful song out of my head! (bangs head on desk repeatedly) Hyphens, HYPHENS!? I hate hyphens! GOD-AWFUL hyphens!

I'm ok. I think I ingested too much caffeine.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I knew you loved me but I was being modest. It's my greatest fault. Perhaps my only fault some might say.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Pete that's four stories! I guess the naked GB member and the Diana stories are TRUE!
  • TMS
    TMS

1. As a precocious little Witness boy, I got got some early opportunities. During the weekly TMS the school overseer asked for a volunteer to give the weekly #1 or so-called instruction talk. When none of the adult male members responded, the brother was forced to recognize my 11 year old hand. I gave my first instruction talk on the book of Esther, based on the book: Theocratic Aid to Kingdom Publishers.

2. As a member of a judicial committee, we informed a sister of our decision to disfellowship. She immediately broke down, imploring the individual elders: "How was I not repentant?" I reported the incident immediately, confessing to my husband. I haven't slept since then, praying to Jehovah over and over again."

We asked the sister to step outside for a few moments while we discussed things. The committee of elders decided that she indeed was showing repentance and reversed their decision.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Pete, your story one about Aerosmith is easily disproved because of the date (1999). The only time the tour stopped in Atlanta was 10/3/98.

So, I'm going with your being a distant relative of Lady Di.

Also, I think the Presbyterian minister story is false. You made several converts at a church, while you were still in high school?

I'm going with the naked GB member.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    tms, I have a feeling those are both true.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Pete that's four stories! I guess the naked GB member and the Diana stories are TRUE!
    Slim, you are correct on both accounts.
    When I was at Bethel, I sat at the Governing Body table where they conducted the morning worship every day so I got to meet and get to know them all including Fred and Ray Franz, Nathan Knorr and Dan Sydlik etc. Late one evening I went to the Bethel Pool . It was deserted which is what I was hoping for. I walked into the tiny locker room and there was Dan Sydlik (60+) standing there in the "altogether"(ewww). He looked startled and kind of P.O'd that I'd walked in at that moment and we both sort of froze. I didn't know what to do...just squeezed past his Lily white bulk, put my towel in a locker and got out of there. It was awkward to see him at the table for awhile after that. When I told my room mate about it he started cracking jokes and asking me if I'd seen his Governing Body "Member" or his Little Bethelite.

The story about Diana is true. I also have a cousin (who's name you'd recognize) who designed some of the gowns Diana was famous for. Some of them ended up in a "Diana" museum somewhere. My Uncle used to work security at the Palace and used to ride dirt bikes with Prince Charles.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    TMS I'd like the second story to be true. Good story.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Lostwon...its a game! Dudess!!

Anyway..wow, youse are TRICKY customers!

Shepardless...no 2 is true..they ARE a real estate co.!

LoveUniHateExams ...no 1 is true..no 2 is too pedestrian! ( wow BTW you were fast!)

Nicalou....hmmmmm...difficult...I'll go with no 2 is true...because you look handsome!

Pete ..1st scenarios...no 1 is true..cos were a bethalite & no 2 is too outrageous.. Several book studies?!!Nah!

2nd Scenario... Difficult..no 1 is true..your a yank? Stupid reason but details sound right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit