Would I lie to you?

by slimboyfat 59 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Given recent posts on the forum and discussion, maybe we could play this game: would I lie to you? In the UK we have this TV programme where minor celebrities tell weird or embarrassing stories about themselves and the rest of the participants have to guess if it is a true story or made up. When the others have voted then the person reveals if the story is true or false. You can see it here if you want an idea.

http://youtu.be/SG1B36dxeJ0

We could play it this way. Each tell two stories about ourselves, one true the other made up, and the others need to guess which is which.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I enjoy that show Slim'. Okay, thinking . . .
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ok, I'll bite:

story 1) I'm a 6 foot tall stunning sports star / supermodel, rich and popular....

story 2) I'm not

Anyone pick which is real?

😏

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Okay I'll bite with some less embarrassing stories:

1. At school, I vigorously defended creation. It was always me and a Baptist girl against the rest. Didn't think it was embarrassing then, but looking back I could quote Rutherford: 'I really made an ass of myself'.
    2. When out in FS with my brother, we made a game who could make the householders close the door the quickest. Also pocketed some donations. And went to my brothers class mate to watch Highlander and listen to Massive Attack while pretending to do RVs.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Sounds like fun. The stories should have a certain minimum word requirement. Otherwise, there won't be enough information to make a determination of plausibility.
  • millie210
    millie210

I dont know Anders...those both sound perfectly plausible to me but I am going to guess

1 is false

2 is true

I am only basing the above on a question...why would you be quoting Rutherford?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Anders I find both perfectly plausible. I would guess two is a true story just because of the superfluous details you supplied. (Massive Attack and Highlander) They say it's easier to add details to a true story. So on that basis alone I'd guess number two. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned my reasoning because now people may come up with lots of extra details to confuse.
  • PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    @slim - I love WILTY
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So play, then.

Looking forward to nicolaou, Paul and Millie's stories.

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer
    @Anders Andersen: I think the first one is true. I would be really shocked if it would be the second. (And if that's the case, did you feel guilty back then? 😳 Or could you really relax and see that stuff and have no fear of Jehovah knowing what you did?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit