Would I lie to you?

by slimboyfat 59 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

LoveUni I have no idea if that's a good time but I'd guess the first story.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

SBF

Me running 100m in 12.90 aged 11 was a lie; trying to shave with my dad's razor aged two was true!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Yes, you did Slim', well done. Still scratching my head over your comment though . . .
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

LoveUni good trick, clarifying a detail on a false story. It was hard to decide between your stories.

nicolaou I can't remember the threads, but I think so unless I imagined it.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My husband was a hard worker from an early age and at age 14 found himself working the catering service in a large convention hall. Security was tight because the headliner that night was none other than Bill Cosby. The boss had to leave the kitchen and told my husband that he was locking the door and not to let anybody in. A few minutes later he heard a banging on the door which he ignored. Then it came again and again with urgent shouts of "Let me in! Let me in!" My husband faltered, but then decided to open the door. It sounded like someone might be in trouble. He gingerly opened the door and a giant hand came down on his head. It was huge, the fingers tickling his ears. He was terrified, and when he looked up he realized it was Bill Cosby! And, behind him was his boss! "I told you not to let anyone in!" the bossman hissed. "This was a test!" My husband thought he would be fired. He was 14 and already his career had ended! But, then his boss laughed and told him that it was just a joke. He had just wanted to let him meet the Cos'!

or

Living close to Washington, DC, in a rural suburb, there are often politicians who escape to this area for a little R and R. They are pretty good at hiding, but occasionally they make their presence known. My husband is an avid fisherman and was out in a rural waterway. He had just heard of an excellent hidden fishing hole and was there early trying to catch a bite. It was a still morning and still dark. My husband grew up in the city and the absolute darkness was slightly terrifying. Suddenly, he heard what sounded like someone cocking a gun. It took him a second to realize that there were two figures standing near the bank. The figures said, "Secret Service. Don't move." in a controlled but commanding way. Well, my husband was frozen in fear and couldn't move anyway! A small boat pulled up next to his. Two Secret Service agents told him to get the hell out of there. When my husband asked what was going on, they said, "This is Dick Cheney's property now. You need to find a new fishing hole now and never come back!"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

1. A few years ago I was in Brussels late in the morning going from one train station to another. Right next to the train station Gare du Nord there was a red light district with lots of window prostitutes. I walked along the street looking at the girls as I went past, all pretty garish. Then at one of the doors I noticed a couple of sisters offering magazines to a working girl at one of the doors. Then at the next corner I noticed a young brother and his wife looking at notes or a map or something. He must have been in charge of the group. So I decided to say hello to them as I passed. I told him I was a Witness and I asked them if they were on the ministry. They said they were in a foreign language Romanian group and this is where the Romanians lived. It seemed like a really seedy place for a young brother to be hanging out with his wife. The brother asked me what I was doing in the area. I said I had come to see the pretty girls in the windows and winked at him. That pretty much ended the conversation and I had a train to catch.

2. One time on the ministry when I was about 18 there was girl about the same age who came to the door wearing a towel. The towel fell off and I got a good look at her completely naked. It was my turn. The girl didn't seem to mind too much and remained friendly as she covered herself and took the magazines from me. But it was really embarrassing because I was with my mother. Next Saturday I decided to make a return visit with a friend who was just a bit older than me. I basically wanted to show off the girl to him, but she had taken the magazines so it was like a legitimate return visit, sort of. No towel this time though. And when we got there my friend seemed to hit it off with her and she was more interested in talking to him than to me. I never made any more return visits on her, but I always wondered if my friend did make return visits and get more friendly. I never saw her again.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I'm guessing number one is false.

Dropping the towel is totally a thing. My BIL did it as ateenager and it happened to me once when I was about 7 years old. Ick!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Ok, here goes:

1. I like dogs. I love to read the daily text every morning while sitting on Thomas Crapper's contraption. I believe that god loves us more than we love ourselves. I don't like slimboyfat because his threads irritate me and make me think excessively about mundane stuff. I consider myself to be a scholar and a gentlemen. I have a phobia of objects that have too many holes in them

2. I find for the most part that SBF's posts and threads are entertaining and thought-provoking (although sometimes a bit cheeky). I hate cats. I love butterflies. I'd rather listen to fingernails scratching a blackboard than Stevie Wonder or ABBA. To the man who invented the hyphen: I'd like to kick you in the balls because you make punctuation a head-scratching, hair-pulling process.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Bonsai I can't believe anyone doesn't like Stevie Wonder and you've dissed my threads before so 1 is true, a no brainer.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

SBF, #2 is definitely false. I heard through the grapevine that you see her every Sunday, which is why you are too busy to go to the meetings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit