Elder's letter requesting details of solicitors, barristers and accountants

by jwfacts 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hmmmm.

I wonder if the WTS is recruiting replacements for the "cleansing of the temple" that is probably happening behind the closed doors of the Tower. Maybe there have been a lot of "pinkslipping" of those professions.

Treason and paranoia.

Clean the temple and replace with fresh, loyal workers. Housecleaning.

Heh...somewhat off topic...but, I still think we will hear of a big gun getting tossed soon. The WTS needs a scapegoat.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jwfacts: The rest of the letter outlines 8 specific pieces of information to compile and send to Bethel's legal department, and reiterates to collect the information only be "as you understand, without consulting the publisher." Is it legal to compile a database of individuals without their knowledge?

I just read the letter. I am not sure about the legality of information collecting and sharing but the questions and the way that the elders are instructed to do it without the person's knowledge, is really creepy.

I wouldn't like it if I belonged to a religion and found out that the pastor or pastoral board of directors had compiled a file on me and had met to discuss my personal details, including an assessment of my "spiritual" commitment. I dunno...maybe that is just me.

But, even if it is legal, it still seems to be outside of the bounds of what the elders claim their sole responsibility is - that of "giving spiritual counsel". It seems like their job description now should read "and the collection of files on members that include personal details". AKA - private investigators for the WTS.

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix

"Will you take every word coming from Brooklyn and the Branch Committee as ex cathedra, even if it should trigger every professional warning in your body and may lead to judges asking why you misled them in presenting evidence?"

- As a student account I know that accountants at any stage in their qualification but especially chatered should adhere to the accounting principes...namely that information received and given should be "Reliable, Verifiable, and Objective"

http://www.accountingcoach.com/accounting-principles/explanation/2

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Looks like they are interviewing to replace Vincent Toole.

Anyone who watched the RC proceedings would know that is a good idea.

Doc

• St George of England
    St George of England

Maybe time for Jackson to "retire" following his performance at the ARC.

George

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

For whatever it's worth, letters like this are not new. I recall reading the same letter back in the late 1990s. It's a recruitment tool. Legal? Yes. Creepy? Yes.

Watchtower gets these things and, if they're interested in someone they make more direct contact. Most of the time they do this through one of its traveling reps, like a CO for instance. Sometimes they arrange an coincidental meeting through a convention administrator who makes up a reason to have the individual in the convention office while a visiting bethel speaker is there. The bethel rep pretends it's a chance meeting and things go from there.

• menrov
    menrov
    Practices we saw in the KGB and GESTAPO and DDR.....creepy for a so-called religious org
  • millie210
    millie210

This letter was already sent out in the Staes a few months ago.

I remember a thread about it here.

So what does sending it out in Australia now signify? Are they throwing the net wider?

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Thanks!

Mirror via google

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

That line "does he accept counsel and direction willingly" and "Do his actions and speech show respect for theocratic arrangements" is the biggest insult to anyone with professional accreditation.

Its nothing more than newspeak saying is he willing to bypass the code of ethics from the professional association and be a company man.

I remember getting that line that its a theocratic organization and you need to follow it with the new donation arrangement after I suggested to the BOE that it wasn't ethical from the standpoint of my external accreditations.

Still, the most interesting part is that this is the legal department looking for them, rather than the service department. Does the legal department oversee the accounting? I thought it was the service department? If its the legal that would suggest something is afoot in aussie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit