WT Study October 2018....spinning ''layoffs'' into ''reassigning'' ex-Bethelites ''to the field''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You can pray all day and night and there's still no money, no job and no food on your table. Practical measures bring you what you need.

steve2 ...

I understand now that when Bethelites are "reassigned" as part of their exit interview, they will be given a training course on how to maximize the proceeds from washing car windshields at traffic lights.

Rub a Dub

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    When Ryan and Juliette were informed that their assignment as temporary special pioneers had come to an end, they felt dejected.

Well duh it a temporary assignment, which means it won't last forever(yeah!) How in the world is this on a par with making Bethel you home for a couple of decades and being given the boot with in a few days pack your bags and try to find a place to stay with a roof over your head? Apples and oranges?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yup the WTS exploitation of people continues but the top brass like the GB members don’t get kicked to curb with empty pockets , their position is succure right up until they die.

......and that’s why these men will keep on lying and deceiving people, it’s about the money and the power.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

As I see it, this either shows how the author actually feels (in other words, to him or her there's no difference between a Branch Committee member laying off a Bethelite with 20 years of experience under his belt and a temporary special pioneering assignment ending) or the author purposefully compares apples to oranges, as you put it, to downplay the layoffs. Hard to say, these guys can be pretty slick.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The fact that this subject arives now in the magazine made clear that the layoff/ reorganization effect is a real problem.

It is just a business corporation.

Best life ever?!?

G.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

25 years ago after I did 2 months temporary work there I submitted my application to bethel. It got rejected and 5 years later I learned TTATT. So grateful I never ended up there. I might have never broken away, and would be totally screwed rather than having my freedom and a well paying job.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Wasn't it Spain where the WT Corporation lost a case a couple of years ago where they had to supply retirement benefits for people who worked at their Headquarters for decades?

Wait, didn't Spain close their Branch Office because of this?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I know of a couple who are currently at Warwick. Back home they have an inactive Son, a disfellowshipped Daughter and a disfellowshipped Son...add grandchildren on top of that. To avoid the reminders of how lousy JW parents they were and to escape the embarrassment of having three children who no longer want to be in this cult...they discided to run away to Warwick. They have skills that Bethel was recruiting for...they applied and so they were accepted. The day will come when they get the boot and guess what...they'll be back to face the reality...that of how lousy JW parents they are!

I do not and will not feel sorry for them when they get their 're-assignment'!🤣

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The lying corrupt Watchtower Corporation harms people in many ways, but the top big boys always seem to do very well. .......like traveling all around the world on the WTS dime and treated like honored celebrities.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Human beings are funny that way ,they like to put other human beings on pedestals .

Whether its ancient Prophets ,Saints , Apostles , Disciples of the Bible ,Kings or Queens of royalty ,or Presidents of a Country ,and lets not forget Celebrities of either Film or Literature .

All and everyone of them are only human , they have their failings and imperfections , none of them are perfect and some have secrets you wouldn`t want to know about.

And the same is true and no different about the Governing Body members of Jehovah`s Witnesses ,they are imperfect human beings with faults and that they should not be put up on a pedestal as if they are any better than anybody else on this earth.

You don`t know what goes on behind closed doors in their lives .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit