WT Study October 2018....spinning ''layoffs'' into ''reassigning'' ex-Bethelites ''to the field''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I became inactive, one of the things that shocked me was how Bethelites were treated. In addition to having their lives micro managed by bethel, the working conditions are below the work laws found in Canada, US and European countries. Considering that the laws are meant to be the bare minimum, wouldn’t God’s perfect and loving organization do much more?

Then this! When an organization can no longer afford the expense, there is nothing wrong in letting people go. What is wrong, however, is to completely ignore the organization’s responsibility in assisting these people making that transition. This article is not detailing how they helped these people in building their resumes, hunting for jobs or even obtain practical training. It throws the entire responsibility back onto the individuals telling them what they need to do or how they need to think and feel in order to be blessed by God. They escentially blame the victims: If you’re not blessed like Joseph, it is because you don’t trust God enough, your faith is not genuine, you don’t have the right attitude or spiritual priorities, and you’re not working hard or being patient enough.

This is nothing short of being abusive and manipulative. Its despicable and a new low for the WT.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As Fletcher said to the senator in "the outlaw Josie Wales" "don't piss down my back and tell me its raining!"

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

2015 Annual meeting- Herd announcement

They stopped building projects, sending special pioneers back home, special pioneers are demoted to regular pioneers, cutting back on the branches, layoffs at Bethel and will now only print magazines twice a month.

Here is one scripture Samuel Herd didn't quote:

1 Timothy 5:18 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

18 As the Scriptures say, “When a work animal is being used to separate grain, don’t keep it from eating the grain.”[a] And the Scriptures also say, “A worker should be given his pay.”

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I don't know if anybody remembers the film The Prodigal Returns, they gave out DVDs at 2014 conventions, but the film features this kid who goes into the city trying to make it big, his brother and father try to talk him out of it, and one day his boss lays him off with two weeks severance, and of course he gets upset, he should be upset. The point being worldly companies will screw you over, don't go for an office job. But then for the Governing Body to turn around three years later and do this to Bethelites, it's just outright, shameful hypocrisy at best or subterfuge at worst, a way of distracting Jehovah's Witnesses from the fact that they're doing the very same thing if not worse, anybody know if Bethelites get any kind of severance?

• sparky1
    sparky1

"anybody know if Bethelites get any kind of severance?" john.prestor . When I left in 1976 I had the clothes on my back, my personal belongings, the mornings breakfast in my stomach, and a letter of recommendation for employment. I had to ASK for the letter of recommendation.

• zeb
    zeb

and another lie is that reading the Awake! is NOT the equivalent of a degree, as said by some gb member once.

Being dumped by the gb must be shattering to those who have given their all to this org.and I as with others could make all manner of quotes here. But, I ask you in the US to contact your local members of govt to commence an investigation into the wt to force them to pay up to reestablish these people they are dumping.Why should the taxpayer end up with the bill?

No my dear bethelites being a witness is not the most wonderful (read marketable) thing in the world.The world may employ you on the basis of known skills, trades,experience but telling them you were in a 'monastery' for the past xz number of years and made no provision for departure will not.

Jw are hopeless at providing for such changes, or retirement or semi retirement. Beth-elites do you have a car? Do you have it insured?.. against what may never happen.. but leaving bethel is an eventuality and you have no plan of income or home to go to is not sound practice.

Make one inquiry as to this end at Bethel or to any set of elders and you will be on the OUT ASAP list faster than you can blink.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

sparky1, that's awful, I don't know what else to say. Did you leave because Armageddon didn't come in 75?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’m fairly sure that on average, the health care cost for aging females is much higher than males. The female reproductive system is more complex, and therefore prone to more issues that cost money.

We all know the WTBTS is simple an Judeo-Xian bastard child/Boys club who actually believe the menstral cycle makes women unclean, and that women are inferior to men. Just listen to San Herd talk about women’s brains...

This Guy is at the top of the ORG for f***s sake.. You think they’re goin to pay for aging, second class citizens??? Get real... Only the upper crust females are allowed to stay, and even then it will be on the merits of their “Husbandly Owner.”

DD 🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit