WT Study October 2018....spinning ''layoffs'' into ''reassigning'' ex-Bethelites ''to the field''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    I don't feel sorry for them. They are total idiots. We have a Laid off bethelite couple he has an engineering degree.they now live above the garage at her aged parents house. He won't get a full time job because it will interfere with pioneering. And she won't work more than 1 or 2 days a week. So I guess the taxpayers are stuck paying their health care. They are still delusional as ever. And too add insult to injury they ask him back time to time to work on a special projects. And he's tickled pink to do it!
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I agree with nowwhat? I don't feel at all sorry for people who've lived their whole lives looking down their collective noses at others that they perceive are "less than." Working for a corporation that advocates for the mass murder of billions, then being turned out penniless? Good.

I'm not bitter, just being real.

• carla
    carla

He told me he had to make the calls to lay off staff from bethel- Reminds me of the episode from Cheers where Norm has to fire people. They know if he is meeting them they are fired. Guess you kind of gotta feel for the guy, worldly people cringe because a jw is knocking on their door and the bethelites don't want to see the guy either knowing that he will fire them!

• steve2
    steve2

Any Bethelite with their head in the "real" world thinks, "Will I be next?" After watching successive layers of Bethel staff being laid off over the years, how can any Bethelite single or couple not at some level be expecting to be told, "Pack your bags and pray"?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I feel sorry for the one's "laid off." As Anthony Morris stated in his anti education rant, "who dropped you off there?" As sorry as I feel for these ones, they are some of the one's who condemned those who pursued higher education or had successful companies and careers. NOW, these ones are looking to those who can help them financially. The very one they themselves condemned. "Who dropped them off there?"

• sparky1
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That's so ridiculous to call it being 'reassigned'. If you're fired from your job do they call it being 'reassigned' to home? What shows even more nerve is that besides being kicked out they're also told that they have to regular pioneer. Why should they get to do that?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

reassigned is what you call pr crap

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

This really SUCKS! I feel very sorry for those who are being kick out. It shows how Amoral the borg really is. I seem to remember the wt use to say to young men to make a carreer at bethel. It may have taken me until I was 54 years old to wake up and leave but at least I never took the bait to make bethel a career. I think this is one of the reason they make them sign a letter of poverty. That way no one can come back and sue them for back compensation. I may be wrong but I would never put it pass them. Still Totally ADD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As someone who personally knows the couple mentioned in the paragraph "lloyd and alexandra" , I can confirm that they are a lovely couple. Very cool in fact. I always liked them from when I was at Bethel Australia with them.

I wish them well.

In fact, I hope that this has helped them to wake up and see the REAL world outside of Bethel, and that they adjust well.

I also hope that this makes them look critically at the "truth"!

I welcome their friendship if they can wake up from the cult indoctrination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit