The Society's worst release

by Nosferatu 57 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

also agree, the james book was not bad reading.

• Water
    Water

Your Youth - Getting the Best Out of It. I hated that book, my mom thought it was the greatest thing. And My Book of Bible Stories, some of the stories in that book are not appropriate for children.

Water

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

For me, it's three-way tie:

The old "Paradise" book

The "Youth" book

"Revelation - Its Grand Climax At Hand"

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

can anyone post some of the articles from the brochures on Jehovah's Witnesses and School/education. I forgot about these and haven't seen them in years.

Thanks in advance

run

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I agree - all the advice about just suffering bullying was absolute cow-poo! The only response to unjustified intimidation is to stand your ground, and punish the enemy, preferably with superior weaponry. After I picked up the bat and beat the bully to the ground then everybody left me alone. Get a good rep and you don't have to fight.

After the Christians started fighting back, the Romans stopped feeding them to the lions and converted.

CZAR

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

I used to have a monthly subscription to the Watchtower/Awake on cassette tape. Every few weeks I was getting tapes in the mail. I actually used to listen to these tapes on my headphones before bedtime. I even listened to them in the car on the way to work. Ugh!

When I think back now, the speakers on those tapes were pretty cheesy.

• willyloman
    willyloman

The Commentary/James book is a verse by verse discussion of bible principles and their application in the life of a modern day Christian. Interestingly, it is almost the only verse-by-verse study published by the WTS based on New Testament writings (excepting Revelation). It is out of print, of course, and relegated to the scrap pile.

Meanwhile, JWs are spending THREE YEARS on a verse-by-verse study of the book of Isaiah, spanning two volumes, which is dead Jewish history with almost no relevance for Christians alive today. Most witnesses know that and hate having to study it; the pertinent material could have been covered in a 32-page brochure.

These facts speak "volumes" about the direction in which things are going.

• blondie
    blondie

I think Ed Dunlap, registrar for years of the Gilead School, and forced out of Bethel at the same time Ray Franz was, wrote that publication. He was DF'd at the age of 69 and had to work until the day he died support himself and his wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit