The Society's worst release

by Nosferatu 57 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well there are many but the one that really got me (and I'm a guy) is that unreal August 22, 1967 Awake! article (pages 27 and 28) explaining why women cannot hold positions of responsibility because of their monthly cycle and that their brains are 10 percent smaller than the brains of males.

Just as disgusting is that these bozos have never refuted the article and it stands today as the current light for the topic.

If you search under my posts that I have done you can see a scanned copy of that unreal article for yourself. I don't have time to post the scans right now - sorry.hawk

• Swan
    Swan

So many come to mind. Any of those 400 page book study books with the run on titles like "The Nations Shall Know God's Kingdom of 1000 Years Everlasting in the Freedom of the Finished Mystery" would easily qualify. However, my pick for the absolute worst of these has to be that big thick red Babylon book that was so huge they had to print the study questions in a separate booklet. At least the map and drawings of ancient Babylon was something you could look at to distract yourself.

Tammy

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained

I had nightmares about that book as a child and will never forget the little girl and her puppy "going down" at arramegedon. Explaniations as to why she way dying as just a babe in the world, were always met with, " Her Mommy and Daddy are bad, therefore she must die as well".

This I never understod and it always haunted me.

Cassi

• Gopher
    Gopher

And don't forget.... the amateurish "Noah's Flood" cartoon video made in France. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the poor production values.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

That Revelation book was SO HARD to understand. I couldn't get it at all. There was so much read into these Scriptures, this ancient text means the modern FDS. The symbolism would give me migraines.

How about "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Question of Blood." We studied that book in Book Study and and then a couple of years later we studied it again. "We will take certain things, but not certain blood products...." "Blah, Blah, Blah."

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

That one has probably done more damage to teens psychologically.

I mean, at the very onset of puberty/adolescence: a book doing everything in its power to have youths stave off these natural urges.

Masturbation would have been a healthy outlet. Thus preventing youths from making REALLY significant errors (haha!).

Awful book. Torturous.

• metatron
    metatron

Hard to say- there's so many to choose from

I'd say the Byington Bible hit a real low. They published it after having the manuscript lying around and probably

thought they could get a few bucks in contributions for it. A really awful translation - even worse than the NWT

in some ways.

metatron

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

BOOGA BOGA, Cassi!

• logansrun
    logansrun

Well, this one certainly must cover it all:

The Watchtower CD Rom. Everything in it is junk.

Bradley

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Out of the publications I'm most familiar with, it would have to be the Revelation - It's Grand Climax at Hand book. My book study attendance went waaay down when we were studying that embarrassing waste of paper.

And we were supposed to be soo excited to offer it to householders. I never once tried to get that book into anybody's hands, if my family was coming over I hid that crazy book lest they start flipping through it and see what a totally f'ing weird religion I belong to. The fact that so many JW's did offer it at the doors was one of many things that made me question the mental acumen of my religious cohorts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit