The Society's worst release

by Nosferatu 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What, in your opinion, is the worst thing that the Society has released? (book / tract / video / audio cassette)

• blondie
    blondie

The Babylon the Great book. It contained the convoluted "bible" research and application of Fred Franz and never made sense even after the third time I studied it. The books today are dumbed down.

• minimus
    minimus

The Finished Mystery Book has to be the stupidest book written by the Society.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Well,

Videos - The new Youth Vid , 'How to make true friends' or whatever it was called.

Books - The secret of family happiness

I would say that a toss up between the two would result in the book getting the award for worst release ever, simply because I remember being real young and watching my mum running out of a group study in tears because the section was about a typical Witness family set up. My father was never a Witness and always gave her trouble.

I hate the Watchtower for releasing that shit.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think the worst book the Society ever released was "Your Youth - Getting the best out of it". My mother had arranged for a brother to study it with me, and it was sheer embarrasment. I remember the chapter on masturbation very well. I remember the brother studying it with me, and telling me "not even one rub". Ugh! My mother also read that chapter to me multiple times when I was suspected of indulging in this "sin". That book should have been called "Your Youth: How To f*** It Up".

• City Fan
    City Fan

Have to agree with Blondie on this one - The Babylon the Great book.

I had to sit through a study of this 3 times at the book study as a kid. One word sums it up - CRAP!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Have to agree with Blondie on this one - The Babylon the Great book.

I had to sit through a study of this 3 times at the book study as a kid.

From what I can recall "Revelation - It's Grand Climax" also got the same treatment. I remember studying it at least 2 times during the book study. Nobody could grasp the damn thing.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The Revelation book was rediculous... when we studied that book so many times I'd say to myself "now how did they figure THAT out?" I just had to take their word on faith.

The 1985 Evolution book was horrible... full of bad science, misquotes, etc. But it assisted me in leaving the org, so it was a good book in that sense.

• Francois
    Francois

JWs in the Divine Purpose was pretty bad as well. It is the JWs apologia, or is supposed to be. What it really is is the JW mea culpa.

They just don't seem to be able to get anything right.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

The Youth book and the two Isaiah books.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit