The Society's worst release

by Nosferatu 57 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Young People Ask. Stupid. Dumb. Lacking real world scenarios.

• DIM
    DIM

The Daniel and Isaiah books were easily the funniest books to sit through at book study....it all seemed made up!

the various chapters in "your youth" directed at women were very funny, they really can't hide how sexist they are, can they?

a recent watchtower or awake that i just saw that bashed religions for asking for money and then in the 2nd article talked about the contribution arrangement. Nice!

an article from Christmas 2002 that said that JW's shouldn't have a rehearsed statement about Christmas so that they don't appear to be in a cult but then it goes on to tell them what to say....

• avishai
    avishai

Any of the so-called "childrens books"

• rocketman
    rocketman

The Your Youth - Getting The Best Out Of It, yes, a definite candidate. Same with the Babylon book.

The best one may well have been Commentary On The Letter Of James. And of course,.that book wae written by a guy who left the jws (forget his name at the moment).

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I have to pick something different from the rest, but I still give votes to Your Youth and the Babylon book.

But for me the WORST book ever published by the Watchtower has to be ..............................

The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures ,

1000 pages of pure garbage. Does anyone know who actually translated this ????????????????? and if they are even still witnesses.

strong votes however to the Aid book, what the hell was that suppose to be.(apparently Ray Franz and four others worked on this book for years, and ALL are no longer witnesses.)

All Scriptures Inspired Book.

Concordance ??????? does anyone know what the purpose of this was, I remember it had a dark red cover.

I love that Awake article posted as well, give that # 3

And another strong vote to the 1973 Kingdom Ministry, (can't remember the month) that stated "it is unlikely we will see the 21st century, so why pursue further education that might take 8-10 years with the end so close.", "many people have sold there belongings and quit their jobs to spend the last days in the field service" has to rank # 2.

• Litebriterstill
    Litebriterstill

The Youth Book tops our list. I told my two teens at the time I disagreed with the book. Shame on any mother having a male go over that book with a girl. That is a mothers responsibility. Also, what one does with their own body behind their closed bedroom door is nobodys business. Masterbation might have kept some boys from rape or getting married too soon. The Borg wanted to manipulate our every breath. I will resent that for the rest of my life and work at not ever devoting myself to such a sham of a scam again.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Every single word they have printed is worthless crap. If not realized as such at the moment, just let 5 or 10yrs go by.

I don't think you can point to another publishing house in the history of publishing, that has a more abysmal track record of publishing works that are worthless even to their own membership within years of release.

They are simply worthless documents, a true waste of the natural resources required to produce them.

Danny

• jwsons
    jwsons

Book: The Finished Mystery Book (Studies Scriptures Vol 7), 2 Issaih's book, Revelation Climax, all editions of Daniel's book.

Video: Noah animation, and almost all videos, ecxept the first "JWs, The Org. Behind a Name" (It's interesting even in the title "ORG. behind a name for me it looks like "Don't be mislead, we 're an Org. not a God's Congregation" Yeh ?

All Watchtower mags recently. It looks like wither tree.

jwsons

• larc
    larc

I will mention two others. The Time is at Hand, by Russell. What a bunch of wacko stupidity is found in that book. Another piece of crap and misinformation is their history book, Proclaimer's of God's Kingdom, or some such. What a bunch of lies and misinformation are found in that worthless piece of trash.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

This is a good answer.....

"The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures , "

If we are talking Russell then "The battle of Armaggedon' is probably the dumbest most dull thing he ever put together

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit