The Society's worst release

by Nosferatu 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

FDS = Faithful & Discrete Slave = Feminine Deodorant Spray. Coincidence?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

good selections, all.

BUT:

the book/brochure that has caused much pain and embarassment, if the pubs used it as they were directed to, is:

Jehovah's Witnesses and Education, and of course, it's predecessor, can't think of the name of it.

When it came out, one of our elders had his children in wrestling at school. Of course, the brochure killed any involvement in extra curricular, so he had to pull them out. That brochure caught most witness parents with their pants down, it was so strict. I just stuck it into a drawer. NO way was I going to take that to their teachers, it is such a wacko piece. It allows for NO individual choice, just robotic obedience.

I remember being picked on in school, and taught my boys to put up with it once, and after that, if it continued, to defend themselves physically, which they did. The brochure would have told them to just suffer, and, sorry, that is NOT what I wanted for my boys.

That was just such a piece, that brochure; so condescending to teachers and administration.

Second for me would be Revelation's Grand Climax, a title that I thought only someone really out of touch with the vernacular would choose.

Third, the Babylon book. That is a real snoozer; it also set the tone for the boring afternoon talks about prophecy that we STILL have at the conventions, which get shorter AND longer every year, if you get my drift.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Second for me would be Revelation's Grand Climax, a title that I thought only someone really out of touch with the vernacular would choose.

Well, the book of Revelation does end with an exhortation for everyone to come...

• Freedomrules
    Freedomrules

I agree with every choice here, and I also concur that the Commentary on James was a pretty good book, in fact the only book I read that I enjoyed.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jehovah's Witnesses and Education, and of course, it's predecessor, can't think of the name of it.
    I believe you're referring to that classic, "School and Jehovah's Witnesses".

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

gotta be the school brocure .............. young............ takeing it to my teachers trying to be the good proud witness youth........... got slammed and made fun of for months because of that. it was assumed from that day forth by one particulare teacher that i was an idiot................. unfortunately as things turned out he wasnt without merit lol. can i get an amen lol. he was the science teacher and when something stupid would come up like evolution he would come up and say........... well im sure mr jones here belives he came from monkeys............... and the dumb bastards namewas............... mr jones lol so at least that time i got his ass without tryin. tho when they would have a tms meeting and find the absolute worst driest speaking old guy and give him the MASTERBATION talk lol. i would always try to keep from laughing and was thinkjing WTF who is gonna take this idiot seriously. i kept thinking of him as herber the pervert for even associateing himself with sex lol. just say NO or at least EWWWWWWWWWWWW. ok to describe him........... 5 6 maybe 100 lbs........... pants up around his chest and suspenders wearing one of two things.......... polyester or polyester i could go on but im grossing myself out lol

• Gopher
    Gopher

Primitivegenius,

Welcome to the board! You chose an interesting board name. Makes one think....

Wasn't it a joy being raised "in the truth"? It sure closed our minds when we were children.

I'll bet you have an interesting story to tell about your life up till now. Please settle in here, and when you're ready tell us your story.

• integ
    integ

Revelation book is the one that made me want to jump and say 'WHAT?????". I could'nt beleive that they were saying that the seven trumpet blasts were referring to Bible Student Conventions.....(Cedar Point, Ohio etc.) Half the stuff presented at those conventions are not even considered by the witnesses today as being accurate, so how the hell could they say this???????????????????????

Integ.

• Black Man
    Black Man

School Brochure & Your Youth - Getting the Best Out of It: I personally want to hold a public book burning with those 2 pubs. Singlehandedly, skewed the lives of millions of jw-youth, who are just now recovering from the after-effects.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I agree, BTG, worst book ever. I also studied it at least 3x and have no idea what i read. but we all thought we were hot stuff when it came out. We knew all about Revelation , we had the inside line to God. Followed closely by "the Finished Mystery" and the Isaiah books. I also agree, the books now are really dumbed down compared to what we studied 30 yrs ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit