Do You Know Of Reasons Why Some Got Removed From Their Privileges?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• yxl1
    yxl1

Oldhippy, Your "true summer elder" story had me in stiches....

• Hamas
    Hamas

This nutter in my old congregation was 'removed' because he decided to split with his wife on the very first night !!!!!

That was 15 years ago, and a true company man, he has accepted the fact that he can never marry again, as they were never divorced. How sad.

It has taken him 15 years to get back as a Ministerial Servant from the dizzy heights of elderhood, yet word is he has 'accepted wise counsel' and is now ready to be made an elder again.

'He without sin cast the first stone'

What a joke.

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a Canadian elder that has not slept with his "worldly" wife for over 20 years because she couldn't live with him being a Witness. Every Friday night they go out on a date and kiss and make out only to continue their celibate way of life. A few years ago, this man was said to have a nervous breakdown. He resigned as an elder but continued being viewed as an elder by all in the Hall.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

After stepping down from being an elder I was removed from being a pioneer for saying that I wanted to kiss a single sister. The real issue was I did not get along with the P.O. and decided to move to another hall to try to save my sanity. They did not want to look bad. I aux. pioneered in my new hall right away to save face. How stupid was that?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

sorry it took me so long to get back to this---but honestly I wrote te end of the story to my first post and it disappeared and I was so drained I could not do it again. So I am including a link to my whole deconversion story if anyone is interested in finding out the end of the story. Many of you have already read this.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/49422/1.ashx

Ravyn

• minimus
    minimus

Ravyn, Who was the GB member that allegedly did this thing?......Initials are ok, as long as we know that this was just an allegation.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Do You Know Of Reasons Why Some Got Removed From Their Privileges?

Yes, even though I had no business knowing (being so far down the totem pole that I was under it).

"Confidentiality" is just a pleasant fiction.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

initials? LOL how about

D_NIEL S_DLIK

LOLOLOLOL

Ravyn

• minimus
    minimus

I know many Bethelies that loved him.....hmmm...........

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

((((((( Ravyn ))))))) I recall that post. You've changed your avatar, since then I think, and I have problems when people do that, because I associate their personalities, and earlier postings with their avatars. (sounds like a new thread topic for minimus or JH)

Since the Elders must "step down" does this not seem to indicate them to be in an "elevated position" over the Congregation?

Back in my old cong, they referred to it as "stepping aside" LOL, more like getting booted off the stage.

We had an elder here, who "stepped down" because he had 3 teenage kids who were free spirits similar to himself, and he just got tired of "brow beating" them just to keep the cong. happy.

Only privelage I ever lost was microphone duty. It seems some of the elders wives in the cong, noticed I appeared to be in a semi-turgid state while handling mikes ! Hell it was hot, I was only 15 at the time, The hall had no air conditioning, and a lot of the nubile young ladies, were dressed.....well, you get the picture!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit