Do You Know Of Reasons Why Some Got Removed From Their Privileges?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

I knew one ms personally who stepped down because he had problems with his family. He had teenage kids witch were starting to get out of control. So he stepped down partially because of the discussion he and his wife had and also because he felt if he could not control his household then he felt he couldn't control the flock.

I did notice that after he stepped down he seemed to be alot less stressed out and more pleasurable to be around.

• minimus
    minimus

The Old Hippie, I always admire your solidness.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Thank you, minimus - I appreciate your comments in this as well as in many other circumstances / instances / points.

A friend resigned a couple of months ago, due to UNO / 607 / blood / paedophilia etc. OK, the others showed sympathy and there was no big deal, fourth generation JW from a solid family as he was. He then talked to a friend, very privately, about his doubts as to not celebrating birthdays. Then a swift apostacy committee was formed, because of the birthday issue, and the outcome is still unsettled. So as not to be recognised as friends, we have agreed upon just nodding at each other at the convention, since we live close geographically. Seems it is not so important what you think or mean, but once you do something, down upon you come the pharisees.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    I've seen elders and servants get counseled and threatened with deletion because someone in the family wasn't getting the congregation's averages in. I've known of ones that got axed because they "thought" differently than the rest. Their brains and mindset was not the same as the body's. I know of elders that LOOKED for anything they could find to strip a man of his duties. It's a big boy's club.

In congregations that I've been in:

One MS removed for low hours on his service report - never having been warned by the elders. The CO came in and removed him with no regard for the other exemplary qualities this man had.

One young man pretty much threatened with removal of mic carrying privilages because he played on a youth basketball team that had "Saint" on the jerseys (I can't reveal which school the "Saint" word preceded). This was because a sister was supposedly "stumbled" at the name on his jersey.

On MS removed because his daughter was df'd.*

*There are various reasons that I disagree with removal of brothers because of what their kids do. The simple fact is, most jw dads are not negligent. In effect, they are being blamed for actions that are not even theirs. It also puts tremendous pressure on their kids. Children who fall short of jw standards often blame themselves for their dad's loss of privilages. Is it wise to put that kind of pressure on a young person? When I was an elder, my daugher's behavior was exemplary, and still is. Yet, she felt a great amount of pressure, and told me so on several occasions. At times, she said, she just wanted to go out and "sin", maybe by smoking a cigarrette, just as a relief-valve so that people wouldn't think she was so "perfect" and so that she would no longer feel the need to be. Fortunately, she never 'acted out' in such a manner, but my guess is, had I remained an elder, she may very well have acted out before long.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Attitude was always a biggie. Even if you did what you were supposed to do but didn't show the right attitude you could face censure. One brother had his privileges removed because he stunk. They were returned when he decided to comply with the rules on good hygiene. Sadly, he just started stinking again as time went on. He's still a MS.

Stinking GB, stinking DOs, stinking COs, stinking elders, stinking Mss - they all stink! Why single out this poor guy?! Dansk

• Dansk
    Dansk
    In congregations that I've been in:

One MS removed for low hours on his service report - never having been warned by the elders.

I wonder why, then, Rutherford was never removed? He never went out in service in his entire life!

BTW, as far as I know, and in spite of my leaving the organisation and being shunned, there's been no announcement that I'm no longer an MS. Perhaps I should go back and show my beard!

Dansk

• yxl1
    yxl1

My father-in-law was removed as an Elder because his wife had her "tubes tied" after they had their 8th child. Apparently, someone found and and was "stumbled". He was appointed an Elder again after a year.

Its a shame they didnt remove his elder-dom when he was punching, kicking and screaming at my wife on a daily basis when she was a teenager....Man, the stuff this bloke did to his adopted children AND then give talks on family values. If it wasnt so sad, I'd laugh

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was removed as Account Servant and from sound because I was taking computer courses on Saturdays. It was considered a bad example for the young ones, who were encouraged to pioneer rather than pursue worldly careers.

Walter

• Santiago
    Santiago

I knew someone whose announcement of becoming an Elder came one week and the disfellowship announcement came the next. He was having an affair and the other party finally confessed. His wife forgave him and eventually he became an Elder again.

• yxl1
    yxl1

haw haw.. nice one Santiago

Welcome aboard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit