"Reinstatement Party" Called Off Per The Society

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Minimus, it looks like there could be one good thing coming from this - members of your family are seeing now, first hand, how controlling the WTS is.

Otherwise, what a shame this is, and contrary indeed to what happened right after the prodigal son returned. The father was not hesistant at all to call for a banquet.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Nothing makes any sense with these people, does it? I gave up trying to figure it all out years ago. When I was in, 20 years ago, we had parties just ot have parties. I was in a big city, and there were three or four congregations that met at our hall. We were all good friends, and as long as there were chaperones, we were encouraged to have these parties. True, some of the wealthier kids got away with way more than was allowed in our hall: drinking, smoking dope, minor petting, but for the most part these were very upbuilding and positive reunions of teenagers all under the same umbrella. It was a very fun, innocent time. Now it sounds like they are cracking down on any type of recreational enjoyment the congregation could have as an outlet. Scary. They are making them into robototrons that go door to door, go to meetings, and *screw* the recreational outlets. The only problem is: they are encouraging people *not* to meet recreationally at all, even outside of meetings, which is a very bad thing because people are SOCIAL and they need play time. To discourage parties of any sort is a bad move, in my feeling. They are going to burden them so heavy with rules, regulations, and service to Jehovah and they won't have one mode of social outlet. That just makes people depressed, anxious and scared. It's a caldron of explosives if you ask me.

Country Girl

• happyout
    happyout

YOU VILL NOT HAF FUN! YOU VILL READ THE VACHTOVER AND AVAKE! YOU VILL OBEY DE RULES OF DE SOZIETY! DO NOT TINK FOR YOURSEV!

Happout (thick Gestapo type accent in effect)

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I have to wonder why she wants to get reinstated in the first place. And whether you have a party or not is your own business, not theirs.

• minimus
    minimus

She couldn't take being shunned. It mentally got to her.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Funny thing...

I'm reading a book right now by Philip Yancy "Soul Survivor". The second chapter has a quote that I find very interesting:

"In his story of the prodigal son, Jesus does not dwell on the prodigal's motive for return. The younger son feels no sudden remorse nor burst of love for the father he insulted. Rather, he tires of a life of squalor and returns out of selfish motives. Apparently, it matters little to God whether we approach him out of desperation or out of longing. Why did I treturn? I ask myself.

...I began to envision God less as a stern judge shaking his finger at my waywardness than as a doctor who prescribes behavior in my best interest in order to safeguard my health."

Interesting. I've never looked at the prodigal son parable quite like that. Although I do believe that God just wants us with Him. Because He loves us - whether we love Him or not.

• sandy
    sandy
    Didn't the prodigal son's father have a party for him when he returned?

They don't even want people to clap at the KH when a reinstatement is announced

This shows what a bunch of freaking hypocritical idiots they are.

A positive story in the bible about someone lost then returning and receiving a huge welcome back in the form of a celebration party is not a good example for us to follow in this present day?

I am really confused.........

But, two instances in the bible that talk about birthday celebrations where bad things took place is a good enough cause for us not to celebrate our birthday?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sad, Minimus. The cancelled party seems to indicate the snubbing will continue. The place these elders preside over is no paradise.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

The way this works is you tell them to mind their own business on stuff like this, they can't really do anything about it.

• minimus
    minimus

The punishment will continue. As was said, you're not supposed to get into trouble anyway. So why have a party for a wrongdoer? They need to be in "spiritual limbo or purgatory". They are jerks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit