"Reinstatement Party" Called Off Per The Society

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A number of weeks ago, I mentioned how my niece was seeking reinstatement. Well, after all was said and done, the elders allowed her back in. My brother and his wife were giving her a little "coming back" party with about a total of 35 guests. The elders were informed and they called the Society and were told that something in print will soon be available regarding this subject and that it would be wrong to have such a party.They said if the party wasn't "honoring" my niece, by name, it could have been allowed. But under the circumstances, any in the congregation that would still go to this get-together would be subject to "getting in trouble". My brother and sil are very upset.....What do ya think???

• outnfree
    outnfree

I think if they keep tightening the screws like this more and more people will wonder at their control tactics and have problems with the Borg.

Also, I am remembering a party hosted by a Bethelite couple for their neice at the top of one of the hotel buildings in Brooklyn -- for having graduated nursing school -- that I attended.

Shouldn't "the friends" be rejoicing so much more over a lost sheep returned to the fold than for a worldly accomplishment?!!!

Priorities, brothers, priorities!!!!!!!!!

outnfree

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I think your niece made a big mistake by applying for the privilege of giving these Pharisees total power over her life again.

• minimus
    minimus

My SIL said just about everything you said. She came to the conclusion that the Society HATES parties......For the first time she questioned "the faithful and discreet slave."

• metatron
    metatron

What an obvious idiot Jesus Christ was for suggesting that 'the fatted calf' be served amidst celebration

for the return of the prodigal son. I mean really, what was he thinking?

Isn't it wonderful we have the elderly theocrats to legislate every aspect of our existence?

metatron

• Englishman
    Englishman

Luke 15:

15:22
    But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
    15:23

And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
    15:24
    For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry
    Englishman.
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

sometimes it is just so damn easy to show how wrong they are

• blondie
    blondie

Didn't the prodigal son's father have a party for him when he returned?

They don't even want people to clap at the KH when a reinstatement is announced.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be radioactive.

All kidding aside, I know a few years ago when a young girl graduated from high school, her parents were giving her a nice party. The invitations were handed out at the KH, and the elders nearly went bonkers. This elder said to them: "God's house is not to be used for such things as that..." The girl's parents were dumbfounded. It wasn't long before they stopped attending.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I've never heard of such a thing! I know JWs are supposed to downplay reinstatement, and I seem to remember the thinking on that was that reinstatement was just the first step to getting back into favor so there wasn't anything to be excited about, hence no clapping, etc. But to get that involved in a PRIVATE celebration that is NOT in a Kingdom Hall and, hence, none of their damn business sounds very Gestapo-like to me.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit