October 1, 2017 TO ALL BOE IN NIGERIA Re: Local Needs For the Week of October 16-22

by wifibandit 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

We all regularly set aside money for school fees, food, rent and other necessities. How much more important it is to do so for kingdom interests.

Seriously? Contributing to the Borg is more important than food and school fee's? In Nigeria?!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is not a tithe, as they stress the amount is voluntary. This is about regularity, and well supported by the Scripture. It is not really that new, we have had this 30 years ago when building a Kingdom Hall.

Agreed that they are shameless in the constant discussion of money over the last couple of years. It seems they are intent on copying all aspects of the wealthy growth religions.

• freddo
    freddo

That is so shocking. NIGERIA FFS!!!

They are asking for money from Nigerians in the most shameless way possible while they themselves live in luxury in Warwick!

I could understand it (not agree with it) if they wrote to "the west" asking for regular contributions to help the brothers and sisters in Nigeria; not the other way around.

This religion is certainly a "snare and a racket!"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think this letter is genuine. Am I the only one?

Some the language sounds like someone mocking Watchtower speak rather than genuine Watchtower speak.

For example, I don't think it is typical for letters to direct elders to "convey the information". Letters are either read to the congregation or they are not. This seems uncharacteristically ambiguous. How is the information supposed to be conveyed?

Plus I don't think Watchtower commonly refers to comments by Paul as "a piece of advice". It's just odd language.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"My work firewall prevents me from going to that site. Can anyone post highlights?"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Plus the comment "we all put money aside for school fees" doesn't fit. Who is writing this? The governing body, or the local branch? In neither case do these individuals need to concern themselves with school fees. And as clumsy as they often are I don't think they would express themselves this way.

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

I agree, this doesn't sound like an authentic Watchtower letter to the body of elders. "Please stress..." along with the other phrases already mentioned.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    slimboyfat: I can't put my finder on it, but it reads a little off to me...

When I read the letter, this wording jumped out at me as being 'off':

"As we wish you Jehovah's rich blessings on your efforts, please be assured of our Christian love and best wishes."

The words that don't fit my memory of how JW cult language worked are: "wish" and "wishes".

When I was a kid, we weren't allowed to 'wish' or even use it in a sentence like that. Too close to magical type thinking and magical spells...Satan might hear ya say 'wish' and send demons to tempt ya

• Done
    Done

The first sentence seems off to me.

The letter doesnt seem like the normal letter or wording vs anything ive seen or heard in about 40 years in

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

There was a recent thread about a video training video to be shown during the same meeting showing how to donate digitally also showing a cute, (toothless) kid putting money in the box.

Bear in mind the source of this info, Wifibandit provides more of this stuff than anyone, It always stacks up. Yep, I think it's the real deal. Strange, it's a reverse Nigerian financial scam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit