October 1, 2017 TO ALL BOE IN NIGERIA Re: Local Needs For the Week of October 16-22

by wifibandit 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Wifi has my highest level of trust.

G.

• freddo
    freddo

1. I trust Wifi. He will know if this has come to him from someone HE can trust.

2. I wonder if this is "branch written" because unlike "the west" there is not such a high take up of digital banking in Nigeria and so the WT gives different instructions for that area for the local needs item?

3. The reference to what the Branch office in Peru (but similar demographic financially?) says seems strange.

4. Strange too, it doesn't include a "copy to" travelling overseers" at the base?

5. I believe "somewhere on this forum" there was a letter from a branch amending the local needs item for the same week, but different in content? Not sure about this.

Maybe Wifi may comment later but I will run with it for the present. I've certainly seen "best wishes" on other recent JW documents.

• MrHappy
    MrHappy

The wording is all wrong for a Society letter. I think this is fake

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I like the words " local NEEDS"

As if the Nigerian eldubs need this!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Whether this letter is fake or genuine is beside the point.

In my opinion

The simple fact is ,and this letter highlights it is

The religion of Jehovah`s Witnesses

contrary to C.T.Russell`s claim they would never beg or solicit for money

That is exactly what the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses do

on a regular basis now in print to the Congregations

and on their JW.Org TV stream.

• cofty
    cofty

SBF - I agree the style is irregular - good spot - but I think that is simply a sign that the local branch wrote the letter under instructions from HQ

If it was fake it is pointless. It encourages regularity in giving. It does not even come close to anything controversial like tithing or asking for a specific amount.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was another letter on the forum recently that was fake. (Has anyone got a link to that?) The strange thing was it said nothing terribly outrageous either. I don't know what the motive was.

In this case the motive may be to slightly exaggerate Watchtower eagerness to ask for donations. But not exaggerate too much as to be unbelievable.

It did occur to me the style may be slightly different because it is from a local branch in Africa. But I think some of the layout and textual features are also inaccurate.

I think the letter is fake.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy
    Irrespective of the letter's authenticity, the money-begging demands of the org are now verging on virtual harassment. J.W.'s are being brow-beaten to donate by every other talk, article, or broadcast.

My prediction: the org could announce in the coming months/year that all contribution boxes will be removed from Kingdom Halls worldwide and that every active publisher will be requested to donate electronically, either via their bank account or the org's own digital platform - all in the name of improving administration and making better use of funds.
    For those who don't have the means to do so, an assigned elder in the congregation will "assist" such ones by transferring their donations via his chosen electronic transfer method.
    Every other aspect of WTBTS Reich #2 is now being mastered digitally/electronically, and since income stream is the most vital aspect of its business empire, the hierarchy will be reviewing how they fleece the individual sheep more regularly & efficiently.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Compare the Nigerian letter with this genuine (I presume) letter from Ghana which includes the closing c: circuit overseers, and code 9/27/17-E, plus clear instructions on who the letter is to be shared with. The Nigerian letter lacks these features, in addition to the odd language noted above.

https://jw.servehttp.com/en/letter.php?is=20170927LTC_gh.pdf

Plus, a small thing, but there's not enough space between the date and "TO ALL..." in the Nigerian letter.

Here is another genuine letter from Ghana to compare. Again notice the clear instructions on how the information is to be shared. Plus the format.

https://jw.servehttp.com/en/letter.php?is=20170920LTC_gh.pdf

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Taken from jw.orgs book 'God's kingdom rules' chapter 18

9 As Kingdom subjects today, we do not need to be coerced into giving. Quite the contrary, we gladly use our money and other resources to support Kingdom activities. Why are we so willing to give? Consider three reasons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit