Do old time present day active JW`s genuinely believe in overlapping generations ?

by smiddy3 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

Their current understanding is that the anointed have to receive their final seal before the GT but they don't have to die until just before Armageddon.

• waton
    waton
    Their current understanding is that the anointed have to receive their final seal before the GT but they don't have to die until just before Armageddon

aw: glad that wt has it down to the fine detail, the better to nail them on false prophecies. be that as it may,

Jesus twice mentioned in Math 24's "all" that has to occur before the passing of the generation, that like in Noah's day, a disaster greater than the flood has to happen.

The generation, as happened in the first century is to outlive, survive the end. not pass away, die, be taken to heaven, even if "just before"

Must be quite a shock to go from being killed by the axe*** to handling those iron rods yourself. How long do you think "just before" is?

*** note that the bible specifies that to rule [ and smash] with Christ, you will not die morphine sedated in the bethel infirmary, but as a martyred martyr.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Even if Armageddon comes as late as 2075, as David Splane indicated,

The fact is when all the GB men today are dead and gone replaced by new men at the helm of the Watchtower Corporation kingdom, newly twisted up doctrines will most likely occur.

You can bet on it.

The overlapping generation doctrine was created to uphold and keep alive 1914, which in itself has no scriptural support, 1914 in itself was an apostate false doctrine.

• waton
    waton
    newly twisted up doctrines will most likely occur.

Rm 123. right. The overlapping groups of the 1914 generation will not need updating until 2075, but it can not remain to be the "anointed " though, because according to wt now, none of the partakers will survive Armageddon, but Jesus said they would, and did survive the end of Jerusalem.

• waton
    waton
    but they don't have to die until just before Armageddon.

w. that detail could mean, that the judgement of the sheep and goats based on their actions will not close (like the door of the atk) with the onset of the GT, but continue on. A new twist to the recent "new light" idea here.

New Light on Sheep and Goats?

by notsurewheretogo in

1. watchtower
    2. beliefs

2 days ago

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The overlapping generation doctrine was also a means to validate the men who are now the JWS GB anointed, in practice retaining their most high righteous and powerful position within the organization.

In essence they are the overlapping generation.

• asp59
    asp59

Only when I'm drunk on whisky 😂 That seems to connect the dots.

• Doofgrandaddy
    Doofgrandaddy

When the WT came out in the 90's I fronted the elders with what I had been preaching for decades about the "last days" and "generation" and how the new light didn't make sense. Their response? Be very careful as that is apostate thinking.....

Never stepped into kh since

• waton
    waton
    Their current understanding is that the anointed have to receive their final seal before the GT but they don't have to die until just before Armageddon.

aw, reading Math 24 again, wt is wrong to put so much emphasis on the anointed generation.

The Great Tribulation will be cut short for flesh, for the chosen ones to be saved.

The bodies of the anointed, that went to heaven then, will according to wt be disposed off by angels, like Jesus'.

Their flesh is never in peril ( it is useless like Paul said).

Armageddon comes to save the planet, the chosen ones. to live in the wt world.

Wt's anointed are not the generation of 1914, that will pass away after Armageddon.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx smiddy3, I did the same calculations myself when trying to figure out their new "overlapping generation" crap in 2011. I had to be fair, right?

I looked up all references to "generation" in the Bible, did the same thing you did with the list in Matthew & Luke, counted all the people, divided the ages, etc, etc.... got the same numbers you did.

Too bad I was not as smart as Splane! I should have used a very obscure scripture in Deutoronomy? that makes it 'all pretty simple, doesn't it?'

Why does the WT always use "Hebrew Scriptures" to explain Jesus words in the 'Greek Scriptures?"

Nod you head, up and down, "Doesn't this make sense? Yes, it does"

When someone asks me why I am not a JW anymore, I was going to say "Can you say "overlapping generation?"

But, then I went on Reddit.... someone's handle was "Overcrapping generation" lol!!! That made me feel alllll better... So honest, so simple.

"Overcrapping"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit