You wake up one morning and see

by A Believer 52 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The UN has banned religion. What are you're thoughts?

Aside from the fact the the UN does not have the ability or power to do this, exactly in what planet is this even feasible?

Let's take the US for example. Religious zealots are willing to bomb abortion clinics because it disturbs their religious views. Now, imagine a US administration that decides to outlaw religion.

Aside from the fact that they would have to change the constitution to do this which would require full cooperation on both sides of the isle, which US administration is looking to have mass rioting, civil unrest, and a sure ticket to not being re-elected?

So on a final analysis, a move of this sort could only ever happen, if a country becomes a dictatorship first, willing to crush dissent with murderous force. So once the US becomes a dictatorship, please post this question again.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point Redvip2000

I'd like to thank A Believer for exposing one of the professing elements of stupidity by the leaders of the JWS or the Watchtower Publishing house and to further extent other fear mongering Charlatans out there who also propagate this notion that mankind is now living in the end times according prophetic prophecies written in the bible.

The Watchtower have cashed in lot over the years by being a apocalyptic fear mongering religoius publishing house.

So have many other Charlatans in recent times. Jack Van Impe , Herbert Armstrong, Harold Camping, have all done well financially and not one of them have to legally return a single cent back to the people they took money from.

• undercover
    undercover
    The UN has banned religion. What are you're thoughts?

Well, I guess the WTS won't need to renew that library card this year

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Well, I guess the WTS won't need to renew that library card this year

YESSSS!! I laughed out loud to that one, bravo.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

A believer, I don't know about the UN, but what about the ARC? Will they trigger the fulfillment of biblical prophecy in 2017?

*** w08 6/15 p. 9 par. 10 Things From Which We Must Flee ***
    Today, billions of humans are involved in various forms of false religion that can be traced back to ancient Babylon. (Gen. 11:6-9) Collectively, those religions are designated as “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.” (Rev. 17:5) False religion has a long history of supporting the political rulers of this world. Among “the disgusting things” that she bears responsibility for are the many wars that have resulted in hundreds of millions being “slaughtered on the earth.” (Rev. 18:24) Additional “disgusting things” include acts of pedophilia and other forms of sexual immorality committed by clergymen and tolerated by the church authorities. Is it any wonder that Jehovah God will soon rid this earth of false religion?—Rev. 18:8.

• Christophoros
    Christophoros

redpilltwice,

thank you so very much

That has to be one of the best Watchtower quotes...

I haven't seen it before... Saving it and the link...

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008449

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

HAAAAAAA - I would look for Flying Pigs next.
    Sooner would that happen than - Christian soldiers wage war against their Mothers and Daughters, or Muslim soldiers walking into Mosques to arrest or shoot there Fathers and Grandfathers.

Really the stupidest thing the WT has said about anything to do with the world!!!

HAAA The UN Peacekeepers are gonna overrun the other 7 Billion people on earth:)
    WHAT AN EFFING JOKE!

UN Personnel

• Uniformed personnel: 100,019 (as of 31 August 2016)
      • Troops: 85,442
      • Police: 12,885
      • Military observers: 1,692
    • Civilian personnel: 16,471 (as of 31 July 2015)
      • International: 5,256
      • Local: 11,215
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Remember 20-odd years ago the UN declared a year of peace and security? (or something very close). I remember them making a big deal of it at the district convention. - SIMON

Actually, that was 30 years ago (1986) and yes I do remember being at Yankee Stadium and hearing that talk and seeing the release of "Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace." I was 16 years old, and coming to the realization that this old system was ready to kick the bucket -- wouldn't make it more than another five years. Based upon what I heard there, and the pressure of my mother and congregation elders, I decided against college and started pioneering out of high school.

A BELIEVER - Were you at that convention? Were you even born then? Some excellent information on the UN presented there. You would have loved it. . . .. until you found out it was all bullshit.

• just fine
    just fine
    That "prophecy" was made up to make people live in fear and have a persecution complex. I can believe I am the Queen, and be happy doing so. It doesn't make it true.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

If the UN banned religion then I'd wish I'd confessed trolling an apostate(tm) website because obviously, Jehovah(tm) will bring armageddon(tm) soon and he will kill me for it.

Confess. A Believer. Go to the elders and confess IMMEDIATELY or god will kill you. Okay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit