You wake up one morning and see

by A Believer 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Who would care if the UN banned religion? They have no power over sovereign nations and just serve as a forum for debate.

• Sanchy
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The UN has banned religion. What are you're thoughts?

Its about f***ing time!!!!!!

• Simon
    Simon

My thoughts would be "thank god I don't allow some whacky religious group to control me with their fear campaign anymore".

Remember 20-odd years ago the UN declared a year of peace and security? (or something very close). I remember them making a big deal of it at the district convention.

Whatever happened? Nothing.

Different members of different groups are all living in trepidation that the prophecies or interpretations of their often long-since-dead founders might one day happen.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

How about:

You wake up one morning and the UN no longer exists... thereby ending your Jehovah's Witness religion overnight because they're a major prophesy for you guys.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What are you're thoughts? - it'd be nice but it ain't gonna happen. Saudi Arabia is a member of the UN, see.

Nuff said ...

• DJS
    DJS

AB,

I would LOVE to see this occur, but it obviously never will as others have rationally described. Religion is the opiate of the masses as Karl said, and it is also the primary reason for division, hatred, segregation, genocide and slaughter amongst our species.

But you know why I would mainly LOVE to see religion banned?? Because afterward there would be nothing, I repeat NOTHING, happen from your imaginary friends Jah and Daddy's Lil' Monster.

Maybe then that would result in the final nail in the JW coffin. One can only hope.

At the very least it would STFU people like you. And that is most excellent.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For those people who don't know, the UN supports religious freedom because its written in its own established Charter, so for the UN to randomly go against religious freedom is going against its own Charter of human rights.

A Believer this is for you particularly ....

Chapter I: Purposes And Principles[edit]

Article 1[edit]

The Purposes of the United Nations are[1]

1. To maintain international peace and security, to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
    2. To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen universal peace;
    3. To achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion; and
    4. To be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of these common ends.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A Believer,

You wake up one morning and see, The UN has banned religion. What are you're thoughts?

Silly boy. Grow up.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

tepidpoultry,

You guys realize of course that talking to us like this is a disfellowshipping offence...

He thinks he's Don Quixote fighting windmills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit