Is White Nationalism A Major Problem In Your Opinion?

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• atomant
    atomant

l think its wondeful to see all these mushroom like structures popping up all round the country side.The people that build these things assimilate so well and wear lovely clothes that even hide their beautiful features.Rags around the head.They all promote peace and goodwill and their religious beliefs blend in so well (female mutilation and cutting of your head aside among many of their idealogys.What could possibly go wrong inviting such peace abiding people to a country near you?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Absolutely, as are any and all extremist views and ideologies—whether political, religious, social or ethnic.

One has only to look objectively at the results of extremist views of ANY type to see that they should be condemned. All of them.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Adomant, that's crossing a line. Most Muslims dont do those kind of awful thungs.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I don’t think it’s a big problem, there are bigger problems we CAN solve, I was close enough to the Troubles and growing up there were quantitatively more terrorist attacks, hijackings etc in the 70’s-90’s than we had in the last decade.

The problem with these modern instances is the media giving attention to these evil people, this guy’s manifesto was basically pushing all the media’s buttons and they just gobbled it up. Facebook, Twitter etc can instantly detect and remove/shadow-ban videos of the political ideals it doesn’t like (quite literally by metadata, sharing patterns and audio analysis), yet it left this video up for more than an hour even though gunshots are easy to detect.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

AtomAnt asked, "...What could possibly go wrong inviting such peace abiding people to a country near you?"

Nothing at all! I'm in the USA and I invite them all to Canada! ...and Canadians don't mind!

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Concerning the OP, I suppose it depends on what you mean by "major problem". In my opinion, I think Jihadism and lone "mass shooters" are a far bigger problem. And I think our governments resources have been rightly prioritized to address these threats.

That being said, I do think White Nationalism is both dangerous and on the rise. I feel the same way about WN as I do about mainstream Islam - that is to say; the vast bulk White Nationalists are not terrorist. But it's unimaginably problematic that they often provide cover and fuel to those who do carry out these acts of hate, harm, and murder.

• waton
    waton

It is not a problem of being white supremacist, or nationalist. If you see the migration direction that is evident.

The introduction of unyielding, visible and alien elements will destroy the existing superb (not supreme) order and achievement heritage. Not just the food, the music, science, culture.

Let the invaders cultivate their excellence in their homelands.

vivre la differance and let us preserve it in their reserves.That way,

No more appalling shootings by those that can not cope with overwhelming change required.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot
    Bad_Wolf 6 hours ago
    What is a term for a person who isn't a supremacist, but doesn't want their culture/heritage/ancestry wiped out?
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Do not fret my friend, nobody is trying to wipe out our culture/heritage/ancestry. Our nation is a culture of cultures. Like everything in life, it is transient and evolves over time. Colonialism gave way to the Victorian era. The Victorian era to the industrial age. The industrial age to the nuclear family. The nuclear family to the hippies. And the hippies (confoundingly) to the information age. Etc.

The impact, importance, and history of our culture/heritage/ancestry is well preserved. In our books. In our films. And within each of us. Immigrants have shaped and changed our identity throughout the entire existence of the United States through a process of Hellenization. We extract the best parts - and jettison the rest. For multiculturalism doesn't mean equal value. But rather equal consideration.

We have much to be proud of. Not as nationalists nor supremacists but as Americans. Because we don't just tolerate other cultures. We celebrate the best of in each of them.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Coded Logic I agree with whay you are saying but I have seen personally supremacists, white, black or otherwise just don't see it as a melting pot where the good rises to the top and the rest is left behind. For them it's there way and no other way. I feel left unchecked it will lead to civil war or which I would fear WW3. In many ways it was racism that caused WW2. Hopefully it will never come to that. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit