Irregular to meetings, can I partake in memorial?

by Squekylive 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I don't think most people have " got" what it is your saying/ asking. As some have suggested you could observe the memorial in the privacy of your own home, put that doesn't solve the issue of what to do at the memorial.

If you feel it is a rejection/ insult to Christ to pass the bread and wine over, then do partake. As a JW in good standing they will most definitely "count" you as believing you are one of The anointed. Just let them believe what they wish.

What you must NOT do if you don't want to be DF is say you DO NOT believe you are anointed but that Jesus IS your mediator. You will be seen as rejecting WTBTS doctrine.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

It's a really bad idea.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

To go and partake, because you're gonna look crazy.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Of course its ok to partake, the more the merrier!

But do be sure you spray out it between your teeth, belch loudly and complain that its corked.

• rebel8
    rebel8

To support it by attending and then be disruptive when you attend? Totally your choice. It may do you some personal good by giving you closure or venting your feelings in a symbolic act.

If you plan to still attend meetings to stay in good standing with the dubs or family, then partaking will put a stop to that goal.

The best ultimate goal is to shed religion.

• Squekylive
    Squekylive

Thanks so much guys for all this replies, comments and advises!, I read every post of yours carefully, but I will try to reply to some of them.

Pete Zahut
    "why not go somewhere else where they do it in a manner you approve of and avoid all the unnecessary brew-haw that is sure to ensue with the JW's "

You see, Avoiding this memorial is my #1 choice, thats exactly what I wanted to do, and will try my best to avoid going to the memorial, BUT, I cant be sure about this, because avoiding memorial is also equally considered like a serious mistake by JW's! and amoung my JW family, they would be schocked if I am not present in the memorial! and would create unwanted sorrow in the family.

When the bread and wine comes around, go ahead and partake of it if you want to but be prepared to be asked about it and be prepared to tell them just what you've said here.

Why you think they would ask? as per JW's, being anointed is between Jehovah and the Individual correct?, no one can Judge the partaker here correct?, if the partaker was mistaken, as per the JW explanation, he will face punishment from Jehovah. If at all they ask me anything, I would gently tell them that, they need to pray and ask Jehovah for why he gave this gift to me, and Society says people should not see anointed as so special and they will be like normal members, being anointed is between me and Jehovah and doubting this is doubting Jehovah himself!.

there could be further action taken that would change the course of your life in terms of friends and family.

Can you shed some more light on this?, this is why I actually made this post to know what kind of actions they can take if I partake? AFAIK, the worst case is, I would say, if its a mistake for me, I will ask Jehovah to forgive me and stop taking the next time, and they would forget this issue soon. But is there anyway they can DF me? thats what I wanted to know..

oppostate, you made the points clearly!.. thanks!

KiddingMe
    why do you feel the need to partake at thier memorial?

I really dont want to, but if I happen to attend the memorial because of family, the prayer is made that the bread is the flesh of Jesus, wine is the blood of Jesus, and I being present in that prayer, and when Flesh and Blood of Jesus was given to me, I dont dare to pass it on that I dont need it!, I feel its a biggest sin ever! either I should not attend the memorial which will try, Or if I attend with no choice, I cannot pass it on! (Matthew 10:33 - "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.) there are so many thing behind observing the Lords Supper!.

scratchme1010, I will take your advices, but let me tell you, we cannot murder or steel just because our family members and people like it correct?, I believe passing on Flesh and Blood of Jesus is a more serious sin than murder, which I cannot dare to do for my Family members. I agree that I should avoid going to memorial, but IF i happen to go...

OnTheWayOut
    If you must insist that passing on the bread and wine is a sin, then make sure you are not in the seats during both parts.

OnTheWayOut, Many of your ideas are good! I can try this, but during the memorial emblems, the attendends are keep watching, if i try to move from my seats, this also would grab their attention and obviously they are going to enquire me later and this could also cause some problems I guess.

Diogenesister, thanks for understanding my situation!

If you feel it is a rejection/ insult to Christ to pass the bread and wine over, then do partake. As a JW in good standing they will most definitely "count" you as believing you are one of The anointed.

I am not really worried weather they accept me as anointed one or no, or they think I am crazy, Metally unstable. etc. I think they already think about me like that.. I never spend more than 3 minutes as soon a meeting is over! I never used to talk to anyone there. but only thing I am worried is, if I partake, will it make them to DF me in anyway? I cant say I am in good standing, but officially I am an active JW.

What you must NOT do if you don't want to be DF is say you DO NOT believe you are anointed but that Jesus IS your mediator. You will be seen as rejecting WTBTS doctrine.

this is very true!, I will do that!.

I will do the best to avoid going to the memorial, but in anycase If happen to attend the memorial because of the family and If it will not going to DF me, then I would try to partake. I am Irregular JW, but still an active JW, not Inactive yet.

I am sure they are going to be confused how I am able to partake it, but I dont think they will dare to ask me the question how I can do that.. may be they can think in their hearts and speak with others, If they ask me I will tell them "do you have doubt that why I got this gift? do you mean you doubt the holy spirit?" I dont think they would dare to go further asking me anything...

• Incognito
    Incognito
    amoung my JW family, they would be schocked if I am not present in the memorial! and would create unwanted sorrow in the family.

And you don't consider partaking would do the same thing?

• Incognito
    Incognito
    But is there anyway they can DF me?

While I have never heard anyone being DF'd for participating, remember, it's their club. They set the rules and they can change the rules as they see fit. There are actions which now commonly result in DF'ing although not so in the past.

Consider smoking. Although frowned upon previously, it later became a DF'ing offense.

Christmas had been celebrated at Bethel previously, but later became something a JW could/would be DF'd for observing.

I understand Ray Franz had been the first person to be DF'd for associating (eating a meal) with a DA'd ex-JW.

They somewhat recently adopted a new reason - Brazen conduct. I do not believe this term was defined in stone and might be referenced when other reasons don't fit. Some here have speculated that it could include not adhering to the counsel and dictates of the GB or Elders, which then could include rejecting WTBTS doctrine which you would be expected to know and understand as a baptized JW.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Squeky, why not just take the eucharist at a mainstream church? Surely you can sneak in to one at least once a year without anyone noticing.

If you partake at the memorial, it will just be seen as a desecration of their sacrament and probably embarrass your family.

Incidentally, I've studied Satanism and the black mass in particular. While there are many variations on the unholy rite, not partaking of the bread and wine is the one common thread that runs through them all, as it is symbolic of rejecting Jesus Christ and his atonement.

Fun fact: Nisan 14 does NOT fall the first full moon after the spring equinox (ask a Jew). That, in fact, is a pagan holy day (ask a Wiccan).

Cool, Huh?

• smiddy
    smiddy

You sound like one of those people who have left the JW religion however the religion has never left you.

You are still a victim o JW mind control over you , by the organization......Or are you ?

If you beleive John 6:53 and that you should partake go to a church that will allow you to do so .Here is where you find out if you are still under WT control .

Does it matter what church you attend to obey Jesus commands ? to eat the bread and drink the wine ?

Or do you just want to make a statement among your family and peers at a Kingdom Hall.

Your call

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit