Irregular to meetings, can I partake in memorial?

by Squekylive 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Squekylive, it's your local congregation's biggest night of the year - as choreographed and scripted by the charlatans in upstate N.Y.

Why on earth would you want to take part in the org's "spectator memorial" and bring more troubles into your life? Simply carry out your own memorial in the privacy of your own home - after the K.H. charade is finished.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I am an atheist now. However, thinking as I would when I was a communion partaking Christian after leaving the WBT$, I wouldn't partake in their shambolic anti-Christ memorial. I considered it siding with the wrong side.

Now I don't care. Just saying, if it helps any.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Why make a scene by partaking?

Well, if you're a Christian believer you might decide to give a witness for what you believe is true.

And even more so if you are disfellowshipped.

Why so?

Because if you are DFed and partake you are fellowshipping or communing with all others who are likewise partaking. Btcha the GoBos would not like it, but the Biblical reason for observing the Memorial is for believers to commune, to be with others as one, united in Christ.

So if they do not want you partaking then they should not have it open to the public and invite people who are not expected to take part.

I'm partaking and if anyone at the KH does not like it, so what?

I'm not doing it for them, but for my belief in Christ and to show unity with all who also believe in following Jesus,'command to keep doing so.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I agree with Rocky_Girl.

If you dont believe in JW doctrines anymore and only attend for family, why do you feel the need to partake at thier memorial? Are you really rejecting Jesus if you dont partake from them?

The bread and wine are prayed over by JW's at their version of a service commemorating Jesus' death. If you no longer agree with them, why participate in thier service any more than you have to?

Since your attending for family, how will they view you if you partake? Maybe observe somewhere else?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Still I do not understand, why partake if you believe the organization is one step from walking off the deep end. Can you show unity by partaking when some Christians organization pass the wine and bread every first Sunday.....I would think Jesus would be pleased with folks remember him every 1st Sunday then once a year, maybe that's why he is no big deal among JW's.

• a watcher
    a watcher

If you don't believe in JW doctrines anymore, you should not partake at the "sinful" Memorial.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Can any experienced JW advise me?

First, why on Earth are you asking for advise from a JW here in an ex-JW forum? Since you asked anyway, my advise is this: If you don't believe in the WT and the JW teachings, that's perfectly fine (trust me, I don't either). However, that doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful to the JWs who do. Partaking knowing what that means to them in that setting is disrespectful, regardless of what your belief is. And this is coming from someone who has no respect for the WT (just look at my posts and replies).

• You are not going to make your situation with your family any better (that is considering what you say that you keep putting up with the JW nonsense because of your family)
    • You are not going to make a point to anyone, regardless of how correct you feel you are in your actions.
    • All you will get (at best) will be 5 minutes of fame and in a bad way
    • If you really want to manifest your faith, you don't need to disrespect other people's, especially that of your loved ones.

I'd suggest you to look into (a) why do you want to do that, and (b) why do you want to do that that way. The way you come across to me sounds more like attention seeking than wanting to express your faith.

There are many other places and opportunities for you to partake and do whatever ritual you want to do on your own, so neither it make sense for you to do that based on your own words about being there for your family, nor it will result in anything that will make your life better, not to mention that you will not make a dent in making anyone there believe anything you do. I do not see any point in doing that.

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

They wont stop you. Its a personal conscience thing. No one ever mentions it

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have to be a JW for now???????

You believe it is a sin to pass the bread and wine???????

Okay. Answering the best I can while taking your thoughts into consideration:
    You are only there for family apparently. You do not believe their nonsense. So consider their entire Memorial as invalid and do not partake. You are only skipping an invalid observance.

If you must insist that passing on the bread and wine is a sin, then make sure you are not in the seats during both parts. Go to the washroom or just stand in the back. When offered the glass or the plate, don't even touch it, just shake your head no. You have not passed. You just did not participate in their invalid observance. Even better would be to be seen at the beginning of the meeting and then slip out the door and go home before the passing of emblems. If you must be a JW, JW's will see you in attendance. Then you were covered. Or tell your people that you went to a different Memorial- and don't mention that you slipped out the door.

So many options beyond partaking and being labeled for that. Because if you must be a JW for someone else, partaking when that someone else thinks you should not- that is not helping your cause.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Hell yeah go partake, they'll think your crazy but whatever right. The wine is actually pretty good but just take a nibble of the bread thier is nasty. Unleavened bread can be fine like a cracker but they don't care. But again the wine can be good , drink the whole cup!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit