My Explanation of God.

by LAWHFol 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An pretty accurate explanation to god would be an explanation to know.

Gods were always created to offer explanation toward the psychical perception of reality.

To humanity's detriment the gods were based and influenced from out of self contrived ignorance and imagination.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

That should say can NOT simultanously know.

I was going to correct you on that but I knew you would get around to it. LOL

• cofty
    cofty
    The basic Atheistic assumption about reality is that you CAN trust your empirical senses as a measurement for reality - SavedJW

When did you make this nonsense up?

It is the opposite of the scientific method which tends to be the position of many - but not all - atheists.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am an atheist & This is My version of God.

Instead of using the Term God, I'll use "Creation of Man".

This "Creation of Man" is flawed in Every Way. No matter how hard each group or individual tries to make their god into perfection, they can't cover everything, and they mess up.

They typically put their "Creation of Man" outside of the Laws of Science to explain him/her/it. For example Gravity.. The "Creation of Man" found in the Bible makes the sun stand still at one point, which just could not happen. The writers of the Bible make the son of their "Creation of Man" able to defy gravity and walk on water, even allowing a human to walk on water. And you would be hard pressed to find any exceptions in the "Creations of Man" throughout all of history. Each and every one seems to be above or beyond the laws of science. Why, the "Creation of Man" of Judaeo-Christianity is even exempt from believers' insistence that all matter and energy must have had a beginning.

Despite the assertion in this thread that the poster's "Creation of Man" does not Act based on Emotion, we read clearly that it does act on emotion constantly, feeling regret over creating man or angry at groups or individuals, causing great destruction of lives all the time.

This "Creation of Man" from the Bible is very Partial. In the beginning, a human must be without the knowledge of good and bad yet totally obedient. That develops into the "Creation of Man" preferring descendants of Abraham- the Jews- over all others and having their walled city simply collapse despite the "Creation of Man" never revealing himself to the non-Jews. Later, all people are supposed to convert to the beliefs that a guy born in obscurity and killed in obscurity was the son of this "Creation of Man" with a kinder, gentler message. If you don't accept that, then you can go to Hell.

This "Creation of Man" is very high on himself and jealous, it does desire to be Worshipped and Praised, it does declare it will punish those that say it cannot be Known.

This "Creation of Man" has a ton of Laws in the Bible. Some are self-contradictions to each other.

This "Creation of Man" has made endless Commandments for Humans.. depending on which humans are telling you this.

This "Creation of Man" is a thing of superstitious sheep herders. Move on from it and embrace your own intelligence and the collected wisdom of science. and Evolve.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

Atheism makes no assumptions about reality. Neither does science (which, in fact, has shown we cannot trust our senses quite often).

@Viviane, I hate to break it to ya, but this statement is not only ignorant, but very unscientific. Without Assumptions about reality, we would not even have Science. Science MUST by necessity make assumptions about the natural world in order to test a hypothesis in the first place.

Ill give you an example: Cognitive processes in the brain can be trusted to interpret the natural world.

If what you say is true [science does not make assumptions] then there would be no reason to conduct an experiment since...well...the neurons bouncing around in my brain is not a reliable source of gathering data, nor can it be trusted to actually process data about nature. Well we know this isn't the case.

Science as an ASSUMPTION will take for granted that our cognitive process is reliable. It assumes that the neurons in our brain can in fact interpret data correctly, and test theories based on it.

Another huge assumption that Science makes is that Nature is generally predictable. In other words, the future resembles the past. A prime example of this is Carbon Dating. We have to first assume that nature has not significantly changed in the way carbon molecules decompose over time. We use present day decomposition rates of carbon and read that BACK into the data. This assumes that nature is consistent over time.

I could go on and on with numerous examples of scientific assumptions.

Now, when it comes to Atheists making assumptions, this is a lot different then scientists making assumptions.
    I gave an example of Richard Dawkins using an assumption of people having "Delusions" for belief in God. This of course assumes that there is a standard for sanity in the first place! [correct thinking] So there you have it, an Atheist [or Agnostic] who makes assumptions.

• cofty
    cofty
    then there would be no reason to conduct an experiment since...well...the neurons bouncing around in my brain is not a reliable source of gathering data, nor can it be trusted to actually process data about nature. Well we know this isn't the case. - Saved_JW

So you have answered your own objection to the scientific method. Well done.

The test of science is that it works. It makes predictions and tests them in lots of different ways and then other people test them independently.

On the other hand faith has contributed absolutely nothing to the sum of human knowledge ever.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    @Viviane, I hate to break it to ya, but this statement is not only ignorant, but very unscientific.

Don't worry, you didn't break it to me. Atheism simply means a lack of belief in gods, goddesses, spirits, a spirit world, fairies, etc. It makes no claims about the world, senses, etc.

Without Assumptions about reality, we would not even have Science.

Science and atheism have nothing to do with each other. Science a method and process for discovery about the world around us.

Science MUST by necessity make assumptions about the natural world in order to test a hypothesis in the first place.

Which has nothing to do with atheism.

If what you say is true [science does not make assumptions] then there would be no reason to conduct an experiment since

Well, I never said that or anything like that. You appear to be struggling with reality a bit yourself.

So there you have it, an Atheist [or Agnostic] who makes assumptions.

I'm an atheist and I make assumptions. If you'll check against reality (I'm presuming you have working neurons, as you said), I said atheism makes no assumptions, not atheists. Two different things, neither of which has anything to do with science.

I have to say, you seem very confused by this.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

Atheism simply means a lack of belief in gods, goddesses, spirits, a spirit world, fairies, etc. It makes no claims about the world, senses, etc

I said atheism makes no assumptions, not atheists

Sooo...a lack of BELIEF in Gods, goddesses, spirits...is NOT an assumption about the existence of god[s]?

• cofty
    cofty
    Sooo...a lack of BELIEF in Gods, goddesses, spirits...is NOT an assumption about the existence of god[s]?

No.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit