My Explanation of God.

by LAWHFol 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

OneEyedJoe - What you said is true to an certain extent.

I don't Believe in God, because I fear being punished for not Believing. I believe in "God" because I do not see the rational in Order coming from Disorder.

i'm more concerned with discovering solutions, to Unite this community, and get past the "My camp" Vs. "Your Camp" mentality.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You're correct, I'll revise "Unseen Presence" to "Unknown Presence", so as to not imply that it can be seen.

So you now know nothing about your claims?

I'm using Math in my Response, because Math is the only "Thing" that is Absolutely Perfect.

In what sense is math perfect? Mathematics is a study of numbers. You say that math is either one thing or another. If you can't tell me what it is and in what sense it is that thing, how can you claim it is perfect?

Are you saying, that Cooperation is not needed for Species to evolve?

I in no way say that. I said that evolution often involved competetition.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    s this because the Law is Flawed, or is it Because the adherence to the Law is Flawed?

You've yet to show me this law you speak of. All your work is ahead of you.

• cofty
    cofty

The OP starts with "I am a theist" and then describes an imaginary concept that has absolutely nothing to do with theism.

It should have began "I am totally befuddled..."

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

In what sense is math perfect?

Perfect to me in this sense = Never Wrong

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Cofty -

Theism to me means the belief that at least one deity exists. Specifically in the flavor of "Panentheism"

Deity to me means what I described in the first post.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Viviane - "You've yet to show me this law you speak of. All your work is ahead of you"

The Law is the conscience that All Men have.

Do you view this as an imaginary concept?

• cofty
    cofty
    Theism to me means the belief that at least one deity exists.

Conversation is impossible if you insist on changing the meaning of simple words to something exactly opposite to their agreed definition.

Theism is belief in a personal and immanent god.

You might be a deist or a pantheist or an advocate of panentheism but you are not a theist.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Show me a Man that can Hurt Another Man, without any Remorse EVER and I will show you a Man that cannot Love EVER.

It's almost as if LAWHFol has never heard of serial killers and nazis.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't Believe in God, because I fear being punished for not Believing. I believe in "God" because I do not see the rational in Order coming from Disorder.

i'm more concerned with discovering solutions, to Unite this community, and get past the "My camp" Vs. "Your Camp" mentality.

Look around. on a universal level, there is no order coming from disorder. That's what the second law of thermodynamics is all about. People often assert that abiogenesis violates this law, but forget that the sun is constantly supplying the entropy needed to temporarily offset the increased order that is found on earth.

There are laws of physics, but no evidence for any consciousness tied to them. What's the point in calling something a god if it's nothing more than an invisible rule of nature? I wonder if maybe you're in denial of your atheism because you're scared of becoming a nihilist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit