My Explanation of God.

by LAWHFol 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I'll answer your question with a question.. What evidence is there for Math? Do we invent math or does it already exist?

You're not answering a question with a question, you're attempting to conflate two things that are unrelated in an attempt to avoid showing a lack of ability to answer basic questions about your assertion.

Everything that is know to exist, is a result of the Unseen Presence.

You've failed to establish that this unseen presence exists. What is your evidence for it?

The original commandment is not seen, it is Known by All.. It is Hardwired in our DNA. It is Evolution. Do all that you can do for yourself, while not hurting anyone else, and you are faithful to the command. Work together when at all possible, compete when absolute necessary.

All of that is quite a bit more than "evolve". Evolution is in many way a competition, contradicting your other words. How do you reconcile this? Where can I find any evidence anything you are saying is based in reality?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"A look at the 4 ways Americans view God" By Dan Harris

28% believe in an "authoritative God.

22% mostly evangelic women, they characterize the almighty as a "benevolent God"

who is thoroughly involved in their lives but is loving, not stern.

Third group believe in a "critical God", who is removed from daily events but will

render judgment in the after life.

The fourth group, view God as a "distant God' who set the universe in motion, but

then disengaged. These tend to be higher educated, more "spiritual people."

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

redvip2000 - I'll elaborate on this question. "how is that useful to general discussion of god's existence?"

If God exists, and he is Perfect, he would not be found in an imperfect Book (Such as the Bible)

If God exists, and he has not made himself manifest personally, perhaps he does not want Humans to discuss his Existence.

If God exists, and he does not want humans to discuss his Existence, Perhaps instead of arguing his Existence, or his Identity.. We should look around us, and work with what is in front of us. We should stop worrying about God, and we should start worrying about each other.

When we hurt another person, we feel bad. - We shouldn't hurt people.

When we lie to another person, we feel wrong - We Shouldn't Lie.

When we overindulge in mostly anything, we feel bad - We should practice moderation.

When we impose our Beliefs on another person, that person doesn't like being around us - We shouldn't impose our view on others.

All that we need to know, we already know.. We just need to Slow Down, and quiet our minds.

• Chris Hannover
    Chris Hannover
    LAWHFol : This is My version of God.

Thanks for your opinion.

*sets your opinion next to the billions of other vague "I'm right, I'm special... listen to me" opinions*

• cappytan
    cappytan
    When we lie to another person, we feel wrong - We Shouldn't Lie.
    When we overindulge in mostly anything, we feel bad - We should practice moderation.
    When we impose our Beliefs on another person, that person doesn't like being around us - We shouldn't impose our view on others.
    All that we need to know, we already know.. We just need to Slow Down, and quiet our minds.

Who is "we"? I know people that hurt other people and don't feel bad. I know people that lie to other people and don't feel bad. I know people that overindulge in things and don't give a flying f*ck. I know people that impose their beliefs on other people, and some of those other people let it happen and enjoy it. I know people that need to know more than what they already know.

So again, I ask, who is this "we" you're talking about? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Viviane - You're correct, I'll revise "Unseen Presence" to "Unknown Presence", so as to not imply that it can be seen.

I'm using Math in my Response, because Math is the only "Thing" that is Absolutely Perfect. If you are not familiar with "Philosophy of mathematics" already, I would encourage you to read up on it (If you wish) It's quite interesting and Mysterious.

Math is either All that Exists, and it has a Mind of it's own, essentially making it God. Or it was created, and whoever created it is more Mysterious and unknowable. Perfection as is seen in Mathematics does not come from Random Chaos.

In regards to Evolution.. Are you saying, that Cooperation is not needed for Species to evolve? Please see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-operation_(evolution)

• Viviane
    Viviane

There are times when it's absolutely the right thing to do to hurt someone, or to lie to someone. We don't know yet how to cure cancer. Is that something we should know? We don't know how to stop pedophiles from attacking? Is that something we need to know? By advocating not learning more, you're essentially advocating allowing bad things to continue happening.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It seems like you realize that there's no point in believing in god, but are trying really hard not to be an atheist.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Cappytan - How do you feel, when you Hurt another Person?

The only way that you can make the assertion that People can hurt other people, without feeling Bad is if you Literally were able to See inside their Mind.

I may Kill someone with a Blank Expression on my face, but in order for you to know how it makes me feel, you must be inside my Head.

Show me a Man that can Hurt Another Man, without any Remorse EVER and I will show you a Man that cannot Love EVER.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Viviane - You are correct, there are times when we must hurt others, in order to protect ourselves and the ones we love.

Is this because the Law is Flawed, or is it Because the adherence to the Law is Flawed?

Also it was not my intention to advocate "not learning more, you're essentially advocating allowing bad things to continue happening." I'm advocating people to stop concerning themselves with Religion, and start concerning themselves with Morals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit