Or was it Designed???

by Slidin Fast 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schnell
    schnell

Just add two words at the end: "Was it designed by magic?"

• Perry
  • stockholm_Syndrome
    stockholm_Syndrome

I think the problem your up against Perry is that most people on this forum have actually read the book and realise its a crock of @$#@.

Maybe you should campaign in countries where information is not so readily available and you may get a better growth rate in followers--- thats what Watchtower do

• Landy
    Landy
    I think the problem your up against Perry is that most people on this forum have actually read the book and realise its a crock of @$#@.

Maybe you should campaign in countries where information is not so readily available and you may get a better growth rate in followers--- thats what Watchtower do

Harsh.

But fair.

• waton
    waton

Yes, Genesis, 1-49 is history. period.

not to be taken seriously, proven wrong by research, evidence. Latter day photo dramas notwithstanding.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Perry:

According to the bible's explanation,

"explanation". ha ha ha ha ha ha... anyway...

the present features we observe in animals that are used for hunting, and defense were not originally used for that purpose. Alternatively, God could have brought in some features we observe as a result of the Fall and the curse upon creation.

Entirely made-up nonsense.

In any case, biblical creationists such as JWs are stuck with the problem that they implicitly require that an evolutionary process happened - orders of magnitude faster than what actually occurred in reality (several billion years, which they deny) - after the supposed 'flood' (supposedly around 4000 years ago), an event that was apparently only survived by a relatively limited number of undefined 'kinds' into the wealth of diversity today, while at the same time asserting that specific traits of individual species that couldn't possibly have all fit on the imaginary 'ark' 'must' have been specifically 'created' by their preferred deity. Cognitive dissonance at its best (or worst depending on the context).

• Perry
    Perry
    Yes, Genesis, 1-49 is history. period.
    not to be taken seriously, proven wrong by research, evidence.

For me, the Genesis account is critical to Christianity. I could not in good conscience call myself a Christian if I did not believe Genesis was true. Jesus affirmed many of the Genesis accounts by quoting and referring to them. If not true, this would make him a liar, a deceiver, and a con artist. His claims of divinity would also be destroyed.

There are libraries of discoveries that flat out contradict materialistic theories of origins but are consistent with a Genesis narrative. In an era where populations are starting to wake up to the realities of "Fake News" a fresh look at the evidence should be high on the to do list.

This is the area I started looking into around 10-12 years ago.

As fascinated as I am about the evidence for Creation as opposed to materialistic theories, I don't live my life in the dust bins and bone yards of history. We all live with real live breathing people. How people react to information is far more fascinating to me than the evidence itself most of the time.

The eminent, evolutionary anthropologist David Pilbeam once stated, "Paleoanthropology reveals more about how humans view themselves than it does how humans came about."

• stockholm_Syndrome
    stockholm_Syndrome

How can you say that Jeffro! Those EVIL koalas had to be slaughtered! And those panda bears... did they regularly praise God? (Gen6:7)

• steve2
    steve2

"We all live with real live breathing people. How people react to information is far more fascinating to me than the evidence itself most of the time. "

I take it you include youself as well, Perry. Your reaction to information presented on this forum fascinates me. However, unlike you, I am more fascinated overall by evidence.

• waton
    waton

perry, how are you connected to the commercial 8 posts ago? and: that is an impressive list of Dino DNA related information, but the bible is so wrong in other aspects than this narrow bio/timing field you presented. (not that the preserved bio matter would prove Dinos lived during the 49 000 years that Gen 1-49 partially covers. (according to the jubilee year theory adherents )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit