Or was it Designed???

by Slidin Fast 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

To say this ant was created this way, is also saying the Jehovah intentionally created the scorching desert even though we were taught that the earth was cursed with harsh conditions as a punishment for Adam and Eve's sins.

Genisis 3:14 "Then the LORD God said to the serpent: Because you have done this, you are cursed more than any livestock and more than any wild animal. You will move on your belly and eat dust all the days of your life."

As a kid, when I'd question inconsistencies in the literature similar to this one example of the Saharan ant, the scripture shown above was always sited as a means to show me that God may have altered living creatures after he was done with creation. This scripture shows that serpents at one time must have had legs and feet, or some other way to move about, but because Satan inhabited the body of one serpent while tempting Adam and Eve , God cursed and then altered things so that all serpents hence forth crawl upon it's belly instead of using whatever means of mobility they had originally. (as if Satan's crime was the serpent's fault)

It was obvious to me even as a kid, that people were looking for any reason to continue with the magical thinking they were taught as children or came to understand when they were at a weak and vulnerable point in their lives and needed something to cling to.

• naja
    naja

... according to the teaching of the water canopy providing an equal moderate climate all over the earth God must have had the foreknowledge that he would cause the flood because otherwise there would be no need to create (design) the Saharan silver ant or animals that were designed for living in extreme cold if one believes in I.D.

• Perry
    Perry

According to the bible's explanation, the present features we observe in animals that are used for hunting, and defense were not originally used for that purpose. Alternatively, God could have brought in some features we observe as a result of the Fall and the curse upon creation.

Either way, assuming that current observations were in the original design is precluded from a biblical perspective.

It was obvious to me even as a kid, that people were looking for any reason to continue with the magical thinking

And proponents of ID accuse their opponents of the same magical thinking when they ignore the odds involved in materialism & the something from nothing cosmology in that view.

• cofty
    cofty
    According to the bible's explanation, the present features we observe in animals that are used for hunting

Only somebody who is woefully ignorant of natural history could say something so incredible.

• Landy
    Landy

What do you think? Did the compound heat shield of the Saharan silver ant come about by evolution? Or was it designed?

I think it's an excellent example of an evolutionary adaption to a particular environment.

i don't they could have picked a worse example to try to disprove evolution

• waton
    waton

Perry, the bible implies that the creator handcrafted each species and then perhaps did a quick remodel to account for the fall, and again after the flood.

creation, origins are more subtle than that. Bible writers underestimated the ingenuity displayed in nature. how about a build-in automatic development process that has the potential to produce life to most efficiently fit into any opening niche? Nietzsche?

from nothing? balanced potential energy, time might be fundamental.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Perry, really? How were sharks affected by "the fall" and how do they compare with their fossilised cousins? Were their teeth used for sieving algae?

Oh dear!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Today on National Geo. TV they was showing a male fish that mates with its counter part female fish until it dies. After death it dries up until only its sex organ is the only thing left. The female fish can still mate with this dried up sex organ as long as it wants. When my wife and I heard that we both laughed and asked ourselves what was god thinking when he created this fish. I guess the flood really missed up these fish sex life. LOL. Still Totally ADD

• steve2
    steve2

"All the wonderful "designs" we so admire in nature are for the purpose of getting laid and/or killing other wonderful things."

Yes, cofty - spot on! Nature ain't cuddly and it ain't cute - it's the very opposite: Rapacious, dangerous and predatory.

It is ironic that the Awake! magazine uses an example that damns their view of an idyllic, sweet-natured paradise. The ant has learnt to survive in the extreme heat of the desert, not so it can develop into a more cute and lovable life form - but so it can eat the life forms that perish in the heat. No perished life forms to eat? Ant dies - regardless of its protective shield.

• sir82
    sir82

the present features we observe in animals that are used for hunting, and defense were not originally used for that purpose.

LOL.

It's a good thing God designed cheetahs who could run 70 mph. Sometimes that vegetation really moves!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit