Single and Happy

by RubyTuesday 52 Replies latest social relationships

• teejay
    teejay
    I've never been married and I doubt I ever will be. Marriage appeals to most people but it doesn't to me. -- Azzy

But, Azzy!

What do you do about ... um ... your... uh... NEEDS? Surely you dont' go against the Holy Bible and fornificate!? Do you???

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm single and 32 and happy. The only pressure on me to get hitched is that one day I may regret not having children. That is a bit difficult as a single bloke.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Ditto , word for word with StinkyPantz, that is exactly how I feel.

I feel lucky to have a husband who doesnt care about anything but food in the house, a few clean clothes and beer in the fridge.

He doesnt even care what I do to the house, like my complusive acts of rearranging the rooms,,,,,he just asks me where his bed is. How great is that? He is so easy going, and puts my needs above his own all the time, I have no complaints, so I am happy being married.

I do wonder what it would be like to live single , in my own apartment , living in NYC, but I wouldnt want that over my life I have now.

• JH
    JH

I think that it's normal to want to be with someone who you can share the pleasures of life with.

Naturally if a person ends up alone, he/she has to make the best of it and be positive.

I'm single but I wish it was different.

• KGB
    KGB

Well lets see now I have been single since 1999 and I personally think it sucks !!!! When I was and I repeat when I was married I was happy and everything just seemed better all around and I think I was healthier too. I wished I was married right this very moment. Any takers out there ?

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Right now I'm single. I do agree, I think it is a blast to flirt and do your own thing. I've never been in a mega serious relationship, but currently looking for someone in my life. Until I meet him, I'm gonna keep liven' it up!

• Aztec
    Aztec
    What do you do about ... um ... your... uh... NEEDS? Surely you dont' go against the Holy Bible and fornificate!? Do you???

How kind of you to be concerned about my needs Teejay. Let's just say they are taken care of k?

~Azzy bo bazzy

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yeah I am single and happy. Back in time I had a hard time being with me. After coming out of dysfunction in my life it took alot of internal work and internal struggle to be at home with myself. And for a long time I ran as fast I could so I would"nt have to be me. That get's wearing and eventually run out of gas. And I probably would get into trouble with myself.

The other night I was talking to a good friend. She is single too. I said you know what I need is to have someone come behind me to let me know I left 2 smoothies out on the counter from grocery shopping the night before and sat on counter overnight. I am experiencing silver moments pretty regular lately

She says honey taken up with another is'nt the way to go. She said I should call a friend and to say I am going to go grocery shopping. They would call you later saying the about grocery shopping. I thought that was very creative. So I can grow old with self!!! LOL LOL Actually I mean grow older~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do love my freedom and value it. After being in a domestic abuse relationship. I won't sell my soul to another. Chersish my free spirit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happiness comes within. No one else is going to fill it.

OCW

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I was married for 5 years and after that single for 22 years.
    Sometimes I miss an arm round my shoulder (especially in the evening) but most of the time I enjoy the freedom to do what I want without the need to consider other people.
    I never wanted to be married again (but did'nt excluded it either) and I think I'm a happy person.

Country_Woman

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I don't want to be single my whole life. It would get lonely. I live alone and I get sick of it now. But I have faith I'll find someone eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit