Single and Happy

by RubyTuesday 52 Replies latest social relationships

• berten
    berten

>Can people be single and happy?

I have been single all the time,and at 42 I have gotten used to it so much

that the institution called "marriage" does not interest me at all...

• JH
    JH
    Single and Happy

I would rather be plural and Happy

• enigma
    enigma

i am a relationship person

Enigma

• Maverick
    Maverick

I was single and lived on my own until I was 28, then was married six weeks short of 15 years. Now I have been single for five years. I feel qualified to offer my opinion. Blondie has it right. Happy is inside not outside. We tell ourselves what will make us happy. At this time I'm happy with my traveling lifestyle. This may change in the future. I may meet someone I really want to be with all the time. As a young man the women had all the power in relationships. Now the older ladies see their options are limited. The competition from the young ladies, their choices in men, the realization that the number of times they are going to get laid in finite hits them. Now I'm in the driver seat. In summery, make your circumstances work for you. Maverick

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have to agree with you that happiness comes within. No one in this world can make you happy but yourself. I think it is the dysfunctional, Jdub religious mind set that makes us believe that happiness comes from an outside source. As soon as we realize that we are whole and complete in ourselves than can we attain true happiness. I would like someone to be a partner to me not someone that I lean on for everything.

Will

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja
    How kind of you to be concerned about my needs Teejay. Let's just say they are taken care of k?

Aztec,

Is this a cryptic reference to a B.O.B?

Hitachi Magic Wand Perhaps?

• Aztec
    Aztec

What's a B.O.B.? I think I might want one...not sure though..

Let's just say I have a few good friends okay?

~Aztec

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

I think people can be single and happy for sure! Especially as a jw, I saw so many get married right at 18 or whatever...never a good idea.

But really you have to be comfortable and happy with yourself and then you will be fine. I know people wanting to rush into marriage and I ask why? The work really begins the day you get married. It is no easy deal or any fairytale. It can be tough if you don't truly have the right person.

Ron

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If you can't be happy single, you're not ready for a relationship. Guns don't kill people, single people with guns kill themselves. A bird in hand beats two in the bush. Etcetera etcetera etcetera~!

Six~ I the kingle and you single, class

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

True Story - My mother had 2 Aunts. Out of the 3 sisters (2 aunts + grandmother) only my grandmother married. The other 2 remained single (didn't even date or anything) their entire lives. Both the single women lived well into their 90's - very happily I might add! My grandmother died before she was 70!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit