Have You Recieved Any Benefit From This Web Site???

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you happier since you've found this place? If JWD were gone tomorrow, would you just look for another site to get involved with? My opinion of this board is that it is one of the best boards to learn current information from. JWD has some of the most interesting posters that have shared their experiences in order to get help or help others in their recovery. Perhaps, some might feel that this place doesn't really help a person in their lives as ex-jw's..........So, have you recieved any benefit from this site???

• donkey
    donkey

IMHO it is not nearly as good as it once was...

That is either because some of the great posters of old have moved on or otherwise the utility function of JWD for me personally has diminished. I know we don't want to talk about it but IMHO the moderation has been inversely proportional to the quality of the content that is found here these days.

I find very few threads as interesting as I once did (perhaps that is me at fault though). I miss people like Norm and Janh who would write some really great posts.

Like the doctines of the WT, JWD for me has been dumbed down (that is just my opinion and not intended to be insulting though so please don't take it that way).

But its probably just me and the initial novelty of this place has worn off for me. On the other hand I am so glad I found this place because I realized for the first time that I was not alone in the way I saw the JW world.

Jack

• Aztec
    Aztec

Sure! If nothing else I've met some excellent people who can relate to some of the weirdness in my life that most people would not understand. I think I've become more empathetic as well because I've read stories that have curdled my blood and made me more determined than ever to keep my son far from the witness cult. There is a wealth of extremly bright people here and because of that I've broadened my horizons. I've also learned a bit more about debate and how to defend my beliefs.

For the most part I would say it's been a good experience.

~Aztec

• minimus
    minimus

Donkey, please allow me to say that EVERYTIME I see that donkey, I smile. I agree that some of the better posters are not here anymore. But I do notice that this place isn't so harsh or angry all the time. I think it's more inviting. The place is evolving.

• KGB
    KGB

Let me say this ! It was this site as well as freeminds that helped me to find the truth of the JW religion. It was this site that saved me from a future of misery because it was this site that taught me what the JW religion really is "A LIE" After coming to this site I felt really ignorant by allowing them to brain wash me so badly. So the answer to the question, Hell yes this site benefited me greatly and I am grateful for most of you here.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Nope, none at all, thanks for asking.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Definitely.

I learned far more about the Society than I would have found anywhere else. And freeminds.org first led me here. As Aztec said, there are stories here that really make your blood boil, wondering how a group claiming to be so loving can say and do the things they do. Any temptations I might have had for even thinking about going back have long since been banished.

OTOH the site doesn't seem as utilitarian as it once was. In changing over, its like it's harder to do the same things (like editing a post) than it was before.

Just my $.016752 (the weakened American dollar, y'know)

• shamus
    shamus

I hate this site....

Whoever runs this board sucks, too...

(Obviously being sarcastic, DUH!)

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hi, minimus!

Yeah, I liket this forum. Sometimes I just want to stay away for a while, but I find myself coming back time to time. I haven't really posted much or even read the posts lately, but whenever I have time, I check this site out to see the latest news.

sunshineToo

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I've never been a JW and I'm happy I found this site. I say it has done me good, and will do me good, and I say God Bless it...God Bless us everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit