God, where are you?

by onacruse 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Introspection
    Introspection

Craig, I've got the lyrics to 3 songs here from a CD I just got that should address what you're talking about, sort of a trinity if you will. I've enjoyed hearing Steven play live in this community I'm involved in, he's got a good voice too. Let me know if you're interested in getting the music itself, I'm not going to post the contact info here so there's no question about advertising.

Oh yeah, forget what you think about God, even God itself. Enjoy.

-----

Jung's Blues
    By Steven Walters

I'll be James Dean
    You'll be Marilyn Monroe
    I'll put on some music baby
    Turn the light down low

We'll have a real good time
    If you'll be my projection baby

I'll be Superman
    You'll be Lois Lane
    I just love to rescue you baby
    Again and again and again

I buy movies and I watch them on my TV
    I live my life vicariously
    I can't tell what's fiction and what's reality
    Please don't nobody tell me

I think old Carl Jung
    Hit the nail right on the head
    He said we don't see what's standing there
    But what we want to see instead

But I'm having such a good time
    With you as my projection baby
    With you as my projection baby

You'll be Fay Wray
    I'll be King Kong
    Make love to you like an animal baby
    All night long

I'll be your projection baby

-----

Nothing Less Than Everything
    By Steven Walters

I was walking down a lonely road
    Looking for a place to rest
    There was no escaping from this
    Ache inside my chest

Then I got down on my knees and begged for mercy
    And I raised up my hands
    I knew the answer
    Even as I asked the question
    Just how much this love demands

It's Everything
    Everything
    Nothing less than Everything will do

And when Everything is burned
    I will take these ashes and
    Offer them up to you

Shiva, Shiva, Maha Deva
    Maha Deva
    Shiva, Shiva, Maha Deva
    Maha Deva

I was walking down a lonely road
    Looking for a place to rest
    There was no escaping from this
    Ache inside my chest

Then I got down on my knees and begged for mercy
    And I raised up my hands
    I knew the answer
    Even as I asked the question
    Just how much this love demands

It's Everything
    Everything

And when Everything is burned
    I will take these ashes and
    Offer them up to you

Shiva, Shiva, Maha Deva
    Maha Deva
    Shiva, Shiva, Maha Deva
    Maha Deva

Everything
    Everything

-----
    Already Home
    By Steven Walters

Oh this love, so sweet
    As pain and pleasure meet
    The deepest joy unending

You tell me what am I to do
    When everything is you
    The song, the singer, the singing

I'm already home
    I'm already home
    Though I feel the winds blow cold
    See this child growing old
    I'm already home

Even now your veil is wearing thin
    My love I can see this web you spin
    All is still, and the moon is glowing

Just like waking from a dream
    Silent moments I have seen
    There's truly nothing here but
    The four winds blowing

I'm already home
    I'm already home
    Though I feel the winds blow cold
    See this child growing old
    I'm already home

I'm already home

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I am positive,when GOD is ready, there will be a lot of surprizes in store for everyone!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

So God's "not ready", eh?

Um exactly when will he be? If that ever comes, it would indeed be a surprise.

He sits idly by while millions suffer and die. I guess they won't benefit from the surprise.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ahhhh honey I thought god answered your prayers when you met me? I'll be your Goddess, ok?

All kidding aside Craig knows I'm struggling with just what exactly I do believe about god these days. I feel like so many of you have mentioned, that great big let down when you realize all you knew and thought you knew all your life about god was a lie! I'm left with this void and I'm not sure I want to fill it at least not with religion, not with an uncaring god either. But I have so many questions.........so little time, sigh.......I know I'm angry at that god called jehovah, he took the best years of my life and I'm pretty sure he didn't give me them in the first place, indian-giver! gerrrrrrr!!!!

Big Tex, Brummie, ThunderRider,ChrisVance,xjw_b12,asleif_dufsansdottir,Intro, Gopher it's a struggle trying to figure out this god-thing and I'm not sure I want to spend the rest of my years believing again. If you figure it out let me know okay? Until then i think I will only believe in myself and continue to enjoy the good things of life, do good to others, live peaceable and in harmony with the land.

Now I believe I'm thirsty and I'll go have a beer!

Katie

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Now I believe I'm thirsty and I'll go have a beer

Looks like you got life all figured out already..lol

Brummie

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I feel alot like you do on this subject Katie. You summed it up so well, and darn , all we can do is be the best we can be and do good to others. That is what my 16 yr old son told me the other day about his belief system in God right now, he does believe in a creator but so much of the other stuff is too confusing.

Maybe that is the way God wants it, seems it must be because so much is answered in the Bible and so much more is left up to us to figure out ....I think.

I feel a big void in my life, but I think I am going thru the stages of grief from losing my religion, even more so. I miss my talks to God, I miss studying, I miss most of all believing. I have tried for 2 years to fill this void by praying, begging, crying, reading, etc. etc. and finally feell like throwing my hands up and grabbing a cold one too.....lol.

I guess it is just gonna take me more time to heal from the JW stuff, before I can move on. But I feel one day I will be in the place I want to be.

hugs to Katie and Craig

• Azalo
    Azalo

You are a God.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I've been working out-of-town, and while driving back-and-forth my mind is racing (no, not my puny little Mazda MPV ). A little catching up here:

((IW)):

How do you know God has not spoken to you in your sleep, maybe during a dream you've forgotten but haven't really?

Maybe he has; maybe he works in the "background" so effectively that none of us even know he's there. But then, if he chooses to make himself so undetectable, who am I to question? If that's how he wants to be, then so be it.

Six, "Learn To Be Still." (What I'm gonna say may very well come across as egotistical; those of you that know me know better). I've not infrequently wished that I could be "normal" (whatever that means). When I drank more heavily (as I did for many years) than I do now, my Mom often said "Craig, don't you realize that you're destroying thousands of brains cells when you drink so much?" My response every time was "Fine, so then if I kill enough brain cells, maybe someday I'll be like other normal people and have some peace of mind." "Being still" is perhaps the hardest thing for me to do; just ask Katie! 10 minutes after waking up I'm ready, even anxious, to talk about physics, psychology, botany, animal behavior, theology...you name it. Like you said in another thread, "Ladies, this is your life your dealing with!" Poor Katie LOL (Yes, we do share these struggles together ((Katie)) )

SYN: Occam's razor, yes. "The simplest explanation is to be preferred." Interesting that Ockham himself was both a philosopher and Franciscan theologian who, while employing this principle of simpler-is-better, continued to struggle with complicated issues and insisted on the existence of God. Seems like even Ockham himself didn't see his "razor" cutting God out of the equation.

Realist: I've said many times in this forum that I believe in God. My reasons are inductive in nature, not demonstrative. You say "God is dead." Do you mean this inductively? If so, then your reasons are no better than mine. Do you mean this demonstratively? Then provide evidence, clear proof that God is dead.

expat, ChrisV, and donkey: As a follow-up, I'd like to add: The comment about "imaginary" was working me all day today. I thought of those little GI Joe toys (not that I ever had any ) and visualized a kid playing with Joe, as the kid voiced out the orders, and personified Joe. All good fun, the kid enjoys it, no harm done. And then the kid goes to bed, and puts Joe on the bedstand.

When the kid starts waking up in the morning and asking Joe's permission to open the blinds, than we have a problem.

That's rather where I'm at: distinguishing between my internal ideas, and even desires, to believe in God, and on the other hand to conduct my life as if there is no God. As long as I can discriminate fantasy from reality, then no harm done, eh?

I'll be back (in my best AS voice)

Craig

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    You are a God.

uhhhh, maybe on the weekends, but Monday thru Friday from 9-6 my boss says otherwise.

For those of you that don't believe in God, just roll your eyes and move on..., but for those that believe that there possibly is something more than this dusty old orb, I second Craig's posts. Been calling, and knocking, still haven't 'heard' His voice, but 'know' that there is indeed a Creator, and I AM being a 'realist', since I can't deny a life of experiences that have led me to that conclusion.

How do you know God has not spoken to you in your sleep, maybe during a dream you've forgotten but haven't really?
    I know He speaks to us in many ways, but your statement makes me laugh, because I've thought that several times before drifting off to sleep. What if God answers us in our sleep, maybe a dream, but we just don't remember it consciously - maybe it's in the subconscious. Psychologists tell you to think about your problems just before your go to sleep and your mind will work out the solution....well, maybe they're on to something, or maybe a higher source is sometimes helping us.... could be one or the other, or both.
  • Brummie
    Brummie
    uhhhh, maybe on the weekends, but Monday thru Friday from 9-6 my boss says otherwise.

lol

brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit