God, where are you?

by onacruse 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie
    C/W music? Isn't it banned in the UK?

It sure as eck is! I have never heard the song, didnt realise it was C/W or I woulda banned it too.

brummie

• SYN
    SYN

Craig, employ Occam's Razor!

• Realist
    Realist

onacruse,

i am sorry that i have to bring you bad news ....but God is DEAD.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Where is he?.....The almighty is sitting on his throne, with the prince of peace by his side among the myriads of angels in heaven watching his beloved children pollute the earth, abuse their children, wage war with their neighbors, and all the while dealing with the reality that nuclear annihilation is never far away. Our omnipotent father has had plenty of opportunities in the past to stop the bloodshed, instead he is silent. So, I will give him the same silent treatment.

Mrs. Shakita

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    That's the trouble with imaginary friends. No matter how much you like them, they never actually do anything outside of your fantasy. And one day you fall off your tricycle and realise that illusions wont help you crawl home.

Expatbrit - I prefer reality also. Not everyone does though.

• donkey
    donkey
    That's the trouble with imaginary friends. No matter how much you like them, they never actually do anything outside of your fantasy. And one day you fall off your tricycle and realise that illusions wont help you crawl home.

What is worse is when the imaginary friends do talk back. Are they still imaginary then or are you just a nutter?

Who are crazier? Those with the mute imaginary friends or those with the chatterbox imaginary friends?

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    I do believe in a higher power

One that loves us one and all

Not someone to solve my problems

Or to catch me when I fall

That's the popular way to believe in god now days. I wonder what it'll be 50 years from now.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Ona,

If you get a hold of him, could you tell him I need to speak with him? I've left messages but haven't heard back.

I'd like to get him a copy of my book.

Thunder

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

onacruse:

I have on a few occasions been tempted to write a similar thread, but could never bring myself to post it. I don't know why exactly. Fear of thinking out loud, fear of retribution, fear of being right ?

A lot of emotions on this subject. I understand exactly with what Big Tex finally put to pen.

You want to believe, but can you ?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Realizing the JWs were not "the true religion" was the last straw in my believing in God - at least the God the Bible talks about that has this religion everybody on earth is supposed to believe in.

I looked in several churches...always eventually found that "snare" and "racket" early JWs talked about. At the end of my rope religiously, I thought, OK, it must be JWs - I've fought so hard against them being the true religion, maybe it's them. Then I found it it wasn't.

Something snapped. I had begged for clear answers and directions. Moses got a burning bush, for crap's sake! I got nothing! That's when I came to the conclusion that being left to stumble in the dark was not acceptable, if that God wanted me to follow him, he had to do better. And he didn't. So I don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit