2003 District Convention Releases

by stevieb1 54 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

If they did put out Paul and Barnabas action figures you wouldnt be able to play with them. Because it could turn into a fist fight between the action figures, and they would be recalled.

And heaven forbid a 2 year old would happen to take one to the meeting to play with,,,,,,,, as you know even the babies must pay close attention to the things heard.. ( gag gag gag)

Maybe there will be a new brochure thou, " Don't even look at an Apostate, they can suck you in with their eyes"........ how to avoid it".

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So no new study book?

Noticed how those types of books are getting thin on the ground since Fred and Llloyd died?

The ones the R&Fare getting are rather 'flummery'.

• blondie
    blondie

No new study book? I figure they will study the Draw Close To God book they got last year.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ah yes. I must review that some time!!

I might start with their discussion of "Know the Love of the Christ" on page 299. I notice they completely turn it around from what the scripture says (Ephesians 3:19) as being love that Christ received instead of what Christ gives.

Cheers, Ozzie

• rocketman
    rocketman

I remember when the Greatest Man books was released. My family got none while we saw some guy carting off about 6 of them. I used to wonder what the big hurry was. All the books are going to do is collect dust until they are used for the bookstudy.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Blondie said:

This is for real and not a joke from someone who went to a convention this weekend:

On Friday:

"See The Good Land"

An atlas of Bible maps containing journeys of Bible characters.

It is brochure of 36 pages made with thick stock, high gloss paper.

On Saturday:

"Learn From The Great Teacher"

As some here anticipated, this is a replacement to the pink "Listening to the Great Teacher" book. Supposedly, the level of the material is somewhere between the Bible story book and the Young People Ask book.

256 pages, paperback, the size of the Bible story book

On Sunday:

A revision of the Pioneer School book in 2004.

Blondie

Wow with a line up like that you can tell the WTS has recieved no "new light" in the recent years. Not only that but the focus seems to be on the youth, then of course get them to want to pioneer........gag!

Katie (of the boy am I glad I have no convention plans this year)

• fairy
    fairy

Huxley..........i absolutely loved what you said................................................."..I heard it from an unreliable source (my imagination) that rather than books, they are going to release some collectable dolls.

Paul and Barnabus... pull the string on their back and watch them bicker!

also being released, the "Lot and his daughters" action figure playset. "

I thought it was funny and had a good laugh...the collectable doll bit was great

• Nathan Natas
  • rocketman
    rocketman

LOL @ nathan's book!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

ROFLMAO!!!!!

GAWD......I LOVE you guys!

Here I thought this was a SERIOUS discussion...(silly ME! :o)

When I scrolled down to Nathan's post, I burst out laughing so HARD, hubby glanced over to see what was busting me up so much, and all I could do was POINT to the monitor cuz I was in hysterics! (Thanks Nathan---that WAS a hoot!)

I AM anxious to hear what the revered titles will be, for the "latest offering" from the spiritual Dung-table of the WTS...

Hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit