2003 District Convention Releases

by stevieb1 54 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

Did Man Get Here By Marriage or by Fornication?

One of the earlier posts but this was sooooo funny!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

WTS literature is like a chef driven to distraction, as however much he tries to vary the ingredients, the same dish comes out of the oven. It is produced solely to keep Writing and Printing busy and in operation and to give the appearance of industry. I offer in support of this claim the following :

Remember, the WTS itself admitted that only 30% of JW's read their magazines. This figure was collated from reports sent by CO's who were asked to assess the situation in congregations throughout the Western Hemisphere. Seventy-percent of JW's do not read their own literature.

If we were to then ask what percentage of the literature was actually read by the householders who agree to take literature from JW's, a ridiculous situation begins to emerge. It would not be senisible to suppose that more than 10% of this literature is read by the householder, 5% would I am sure be a more accurate figure.This means that at least 90% of all the literature distributed by JW's is not read by anybody.

It is quite clear that the GB are obsessed with the visible. Buildings, printing presses, trucks leaving daily from Branches to deliver literature that nobody reads, a hive of industry impressive in its scope, but leading nowhere. Probably one of the biggest publishing 'cons' ever perpetrated and a wicked waste of the earths resources.

HS

• chester
    chester

HS,

Great post,

Ecclesiastes 12:12

As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Sunspot,

Thanx for responding. I thought it was pretty special too! It did take courage to wear them. It took courage even to go, since I am a person who wears my heart on my sleeve and my emotions are written on my face. It is really strange to stop going and not care in the least what new set of rules or new light is being released. After 30 or more district conventions and who knows how many of the smaller events and all those meetings. Some times all the time to think and take responsibility for life on life's terms now is almost scary. But, I keep showing up.

The Carol Kane and Andy Kaufman visual was great. If you could only see my hair!!

Dragonfly5

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Seventy-percent of JW's do not read their own literature.

H.S.,

I'll add another statistic from Bethel files here in Oz:

30 - 40% of those attending on the convention day do not bother to pick up a new release.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit