What kind of music do you like?

by JH 76 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

jazz, country rock, bluegrass, classical (mostly romantic period)

These are the ones I will spend money to go see

Blondie

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

late 70's early 80's punk rock/newwave.

not the tecno pop crap but the cool guitar bands

the jam, the selecter, the police, x-ray-spex, the damned, magazine, the buzzcocks, a certian ration, joy division, the specials, blondie, television, the modern lovers (johnathan richman), the mutians, the germs, x, romeo void, the fleshtones, japan, pearl harbor and the explosions, the offs, madness, the clash, altered images, althea and donna, specimen, lords of the new church, bauhaus, killing joke, gang of four, U2, the sex pistols, generation x, the strangelers, xtc, visage, ultravox, 999, heaven 17, the vktms, the new york citizens, the english beat, sisters of mercy, seccession. more can be added but i'll leave it there.

I also like blur, pulp, older stuff from oasis, space, belle and sebastian, old stuff from saint entienne, happy mondays, stone roses, inspiral carpets,

also modern stuff like white strips, the strokes, the hives, the vines.

hillary_step writes:

No, I think you may be thinking of the 'SoftBoys?' Soft Machine

Didn't Soft Machine had for a short time Police Guitarist Andy Summers?

The Soft Boys? as in "I wanna to distroy you" soft boys?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Hillary,

speeking of the police and prog where you into Curved Air? That drummer was awsome...oh ya it's stewrart copeland

Double agent,

good call on the Ruts "crack" album it sucks that Malcom Owen died..... they had killer licks just as good as the clash or the police.

How about Subway Sect or the Adverts or The Vibrators. did you like Roxy Music??????

• NubianIsMe
    NubianIsMe

Contempary Gospel first and foremost. Fred Hammond minsters just ministers to my spirit!!! Love to listen to him while driving. R&B, vocal jazz.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Nubian, I like some of the R&B Gospel, Virtue, Kelli Williams, Sounds of Blackness.. being amongst my Favs..you know them? Then there's BB & CC & Darwin hobbs...

Brummie

• clash_city_rockers
  • qwerty
  • SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Jazz, Classic Rock, R&B, Folk.

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

In no real particular order:

Skinny Puppy, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Curve, Depeche Mode, Recoil, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Nitzer Ebb, Marilyn Manson, Talk Talk, Filter, Cocteau Twins, Radiohead, (early) Human League, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Peter Gabriel, KMFDM, Muse, Radiohead, Devo, Megadeth, INXS, Machines of Loving Grace, Frontline Assembly, (early) Sneaker Pimps, Queen, Bruce Springsteen (both early guitar influences.......)

So, mainly electronic/industrial/goth type stuff, with a bit of 80's and a bit of indie with a touch of good ol' rock thrown in too!

• Princess
    Princess
    My granddaughter had the Shrek soundtrack here today, and that was great!! I may have to buy it.

Princess really does like country music!!

I bought that Shrek soundtrack 'cause I love the music in that movie. So my four year old steals it and insists that it is hers. I wonder what people think when they pull up next to my Toyota mini-van and hear Smash Mouth at ungodly volume with a four year old groovin' in the back seat.

And I do really like country music. And 80s. Depeche Mode. And 90s. Hootie. Counting Crows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit