What kind of music do you like?

by JH 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

I like punk. I really really like punk.

But I love other kinds of music as well. I love funk, hip hop and techno as well as some metal. My favorite band is System of a Down! (Robdar) glad you mentioned them.

I guess I just like bratty music!

~Aztec

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

I start off with a large helping of R&B (new and classic) add a large helping of Classic Rock. Throw in a small dose of Hip Hop and top it off with some music from the 70"s for dessert and my meal is complete.

Diamond

Knowledge Changes Everything

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hip hop

Rap

R'n' B

The classic car posing music, pussy pulling stuff

Fat Joe feat Ashanti :- Whats Luv ? Is a good one to play in ya car with the windows down. hehehe

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I love an incredibly wide range of music, from most different traditional ethnic styles, to (some) country, (some) pop, (lotsa) classic rock, occasional hard rock (very few songs), cajun, bluegrass, classical, John Denver, india.arie, alanis, a group that sings at RenFaires called the Jolly Rogers, Oh, and possibly the most talented singers I have ever heard in my life - an a cappella men's group called Chanticleer, who have albums ranging from 'old negro spirituals' to renaissance and medieval (love Gregorian chant) to some modern things - their Christmas albums are my very favorite!

This discussion reminds me of a conversation my family had. My uncle Glen was an honest-to-god hippie...VW bus, the works. He was always the coolest of my dad's brothers. The rest of my family were giving my rock-loving baby brother crap, telling him that, when he grew up, he'd like country to (it's a natural progression, they said). In walks Glen. My brother, thinking he was saved by the guy who still has all the Beatles, Floyd, etc vinyl albums he bought when they first came out (egg crate furniture and an expensive stereo, that was my uncle Glen), says "Glen! What kind of music do you listen to?"

"You mean, me, personally?"

"Yeah"

"Country, why?"

"AAAAaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhh"

My personal epiphany was when I realized that "That 70's Show" was about an era as long ago now, as "Happy Days" was back then. Hubby says it's time to go directly to the home when AC/DC is being played as elevator music.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Aztec, do you like Saves The Day? I don't know if they are considered punk, but I love them.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    Currently I'm into:

Guano Apes

Less Than Jake

NoFX

Hell is for Heroes

The Darkness

The White Stripes

Cake

Audioslave

Ignored One.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Orbit, I've heard of them but I haven't heard any of their stuff, at least I don't think I have. Most of the punk I like is the really old stuff. The newer bands I like are The (International) Noise Conspiracy, the Hives, Guttermouth, Millencolin, Dropkick Murphys, Rancid, Bad Religion and Clutch. Once I find a cd I like I usually listen to it over and over until I'm sick of it. One I rediscovered today in the bottom of my case is this one:

Guttermouth's "Covered With Ants". I've been blasting it all day in my car!

I will check into Saves the Day if you like them so much though.

~Aztec

• Aztec
    Aztec

Ignored one, you have really good taste!

~Aztec

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Tori Amos -- Her music touches me in a way nothing else does.

I listen to a lot of Ani DiFranco, Sarah McLachlan, and Tracy Chapman.

I also like:

Cake

Magnolia soundtrack

Howie Day

Rhett Miller

Sum 41

Eve

Melissa Etheridge

~Asortafairytale~

• Mulan
    Mulan

I like a lot of different kinds of music, and love the oldies, from each generation. I hate rap.............I can't think of a single rap song that I ever wanted to hear again.

My granddaughter had the Shrek soundtrack here today, and that was great!! I may have to buy it.

Princess really does like country music!!

I like Bee Gees, Beach Boys, Neil Diamond, Mariah Carey, Norah (can't remember her last name........young....sings jazz), Elvis, Beatles, Chicago, CCR, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Tina Turner (I absolutely hated her music when she was really popular), Aretha Franklin, Andrea Bocelli, some opera.............definitely not all of it, Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven, Kelly Clarkson , Clay Aiken , Ruben Studdard , lots of movies soundtracks, so a varied mix for me.

On the radio, I listen to soft rock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit