What kind of music do you like?

by JH 76 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What kind of music do you like? What groups do you listen to?

Do you just listen to music from your generation only or do you also like music from the past?

• shamus
    shamus

I have no real preferences.. it depends what mood I'm in. I will not listen to country / western, or opera, though. Classical is OK. I love old punk rock, get a kick out of 80's heavy metal, 90's "alternative" music is cool, but the 2000 music is pretty much regurgitated garbage, and I don't liike a lot of it.

My fav. bands:

The Pixies....

TOM WAITS - OUTSTANDING MUSIC!!!!!!

That's about it. I also like "skinny puppy", one of the first industrial bands out there, complete with scratched in opera and screams.... LOL. I guess you can say that anything that you put in your CD player I probably won't mind it, although my pic's above look pretty scary!

• Brummie
    Brummie

*takes the opportunity to mention the addiction to Anita Baker yet again*

I like 70s (particualry 79) 80's and some 90s and still buy modern 2003 grooves thangs.

R&B, smooth vocal Jazz, funk soul.

Brummie

• be wise
    be wise

I like all sorts.

I love dance music; from deep house to trance. Older music like Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd. Stuff like The Smiths and Pearl Jam and The Smashing Pumpkins and more recent stuff like The White Stripes and The Vines. It all depends on the mood I'm in at the time.

• JH
    JH

Do you ever download music from the internet. Some like KaZaA. I use mIRC alot.

Do you also download music from the net? Where do you go for your music downloads?

• Francois
    Francois

"Older music like Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd." OLDER????

WTF?????

OK, Ethyl, bring me the euthanasia kit, the time has come. Call the children.

francois

• JH
    JH

With a modem connection at 56k, it takes time to download music, especially when you're doing 2 or 3 downloads and uploads at the same time.

With my 56k modem, it takes about 20 minutes to download a 5 minute song.

When I want speed though, I go on cable high speed internet at my parents. They also have a CD burner.

• waiting
    waiting

Kirk Whalin

Queen

Supertramp

Chris Isaac

Cheap Trick

And some movie soundtracks.....Armageddon, Waterboy....great music.

Matchbox 20 too. And that new guy who sang the song about "running in the halls of his school." Won the award for new artist, didn't he?

Whatever.

waiting

• be wise
    be wise

Sorry francois!

Same with me JH, I have 56k modem and it is a bit of a pain downloading music. I don't really bother; usually go to the library and hire CD's out. You won't get the latest music but you get good older music (sorry again francois, tell me another word and I will use it ).

• hippikon
    hippikon

Just spent the last 2 weeks (on and off) ripping all my CDs to MP3 - What a task - I'm up to 2500 songs from about 250 artists. I'm about half way done. A big range from clasical to hard rock. Mostly I like listening to New Wave but it depends on mood.

It's very interesting how the classification of music changes - he “B52's” and “Depeche Mode” were considered New Wave when they were first released now they are main stream. And “The Stranglers” and “Blondie” were considered punk.

Alltime favorites are Iron Butterfly, Led Zepelin and Black Sabbath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit