• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

you cant beat a classic bit of house/trance

• JH
    JH

Pleasuredome is a Jedi Master

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

The wonderful thing about music is that it is universal. There is a type of music for every human being on the planet. Personally my favorite group is the Beatles, I enjoy everything from classical and opera to Heavy Metal, even some country and rap every now and then. For the love of all music I will listen to any song at least once.

• Aztec
    Aztec

PD you'd get along great with my sister's boyfriend; He loves TFSOL! I loved Depeche Mode and Duran Duran back in the day.

HI Gwydion! So nice to see you here! *waves*

~Aztec

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Jazz and r&b. classical

• Agent Double- O- Soul
    Agent Double- O- Soul

Mid to late 60s / early 70s rock but loadsa other stuff aswell.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Traffic, Julie Driscoll with the Trinity, Monterey Pop, some gems among psych stuff like Tomorrow etc, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Free, John McLaughlin's various morphications,

Big Bill Broonzy.

From the Glam period Bolan, Bowie, Slade, Alice Cooper etc. Rouge, anybody?

Aztec, is it the real 1st time stuff you like? UK Subs 'Another Kind Of Blue', 1st ( only? ) Ruts album, X-Ray Specs 'Germ Free Adolescents', Rezillos 'Can't Stand The Rezillos', Damned ( 1st ), Buzzcocks 'Spiral Scratch', gawd there's loads. Makes me want to cover myself in badges.

Film soundtracks. Ennio Morricone, Roy Budd, John Barry, Lalo Schiffrin, dedahdedahdedah.... some of the most powerful writers in the world & could blow your head CLEAN off. But then... you gotta ask yourself a question. Badges? Badges? Do you really need those stinking badges?

Pulp Fusion CD series ("Return to the Tough Side", "Revenge of the Ghetto Grooves" & so on) - funk breaks & stuff from a time when jazzers went superbad! Stoned soul picnics that easily trash them negative waves.

Folk wise traditional Irish always sounds great tho' I know nowt about it. + Pogues, Corries, whatever... add Guinness & a coal-fired pub & we're sent. I want to live in one. Is there one on the shelf in Wall-Mart?

TV soundtracks. Avengers, Persuaders, UFO, Protectors, Starsky & Hutch, Ironside, U.N.C.L.E, Journey To The Unknown, Budgie, Dave Allen, Professionals.... my engines cannae take it skipper. This thread could self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Classicly: Elgar, Rachmaninov, Wagner, Delius, Bach, Puccinni, others...

Things I bought most recently:

The Complete Monterey Pop 3 dvd set. 2 hours extra footage. 5.1 surround sound. Awesome.
    While in the shop the guy put on Dusty In Memphis. That's it. I want that too.
    Ziggy The Motion Picture dvd. Where's that rouge again?...
    Miles Davis 'The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions'. A really nice wee box.
    Spencer Davis Group 'Time Seller'. Comes with a cool wee enhanced vcd 60s documentary.
    Stephen Stills 'Stephen Stills'.
    Led Zeppelin 'DVD'. Over 5 hours of unreleased live stuff. Minted.

Blow Up's 'Exclusive Blend' & related. Can I describe it? Probably not without writing 'jacket liner notes'. Will I bother?
    You decide!

Orbital do an immense show.

Finger -lickin' good groovy trip of the moment: Mel Torme version of 'Games People Play'. Shwwiiiingiiiing!
    Ass - wipin' bad heavy trip of the moment: 'Gimmie Shelter' DVD. Too many negative waves for early in the morning.
    'Heavy bread necessary' trip of the moment: That Ed Sullivan monster DVD set. Prezzie, anybody? Pretty please & sugar?
    Loveliest & most luscious erotica: Brigitte Bardot original version of Je t'aime. "..entre tes reins.." oooooooooooh...
    Most perfect beautiful instrumental: Keith Mansfield's 'Life Of Leisure'. So easy. So laid back. So Sensual. I want to be there now. I'm going....... ( blissed out into higher conciousness )

Be groovy...

Art.

Oh..& hello. ( few posts as 'regdwight'. Lousy moniker.)

• Agent Double- O- Soul
    Agent Double- O- Soul

PS if anybody really likes Jimi a lot I've got 1 or 2 very interesting links you might like.

Seeyaz...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit