Where's Dutchie ???

by Guest 77 69 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I think Brummie was referring to this.

herkRe: Where's Dutchie ???
    Post 293 of 293
    since 21-Nov-02

I'm now starting to have real regrets that I involved myself in this thread. I just received a private e-mail from someone who claims to know Dutchie real well and who says that she left us for a legitimate reason that none of us here have even slightly touched on. I've been singled out as having done a real disservice to Dutchie by pushing this matter as much as I have, since Dutchie loves all of us very much and is struggling with a spiritual problem that she has to work out for herself.

If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, I'm sincerely very sorry for my part in contributing to any negative thinking about Dutchie.

IP: ZAYz2KkRLoZg2k4j

fjtothRe: Where's Dutchie ???

Post 205 of 205
    since 16-Oct-02

I think it was a mistake to raise questions about Dutchie's character. If we judge her by her posts, she is a most caring person. I was encouraged by her good nature and positive attitude. I remember her for that.

IP: ZAYz2KkRLoZg2k4j 20-May-03 00:39 May 20, 2003 by fjtoth: Correct formatting

You are either the same person, or use the same computer.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    She bought a box full of lambs for us to take to NY for the march.

Just2, she does have a big heart, that much is for sure. She was one of the first people to e-amil me when I put up the post about the fund for Larc and Zazu.

Do you think she maybe felt that she was somehow not good enough as herself and had to present herself as someone else to be accepted? If so, I hope she is reading this because anyone with a heart as good as she has, is more than good enough just being herself.

• onacruse
    onacruse

WildHorses, thanks for that post.

I've no problem with either herk or fjtoth, but I would like to know if I'm talking to the same person.

herk/fjtoth...would either of you care to share something about this?

Craig (of the "honest as a nugget" class)

• herk
    herk

Wildhorses,

The relationship between fjtoth and me was discussed in another thread. It was a bad experience then, and we can only assume that it's going to be the same all over again. Neither one of us feels we need that kind of hassle. We've decided that if it happens again we're outta here.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

herk, I have no problem with either of you. I understand that there are more than just a few people here who share the same computer.

fitoth, before he edited his/her post, stated a simple........ ?? so I assumed he was referring to what Brummie had posted earlier on this thread. That is why I replied as I did. You will get no harsh words from me, I can assure you of that.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Wildhorses,

Do you think she maybe felt that she was somehow not good enough as herself and had to present herself as someone else to be accepted?

I would like to believe that. OK, I am strongly inclined to believe that. We have all learned to be suspicious here do to being duped by trolls, but in this case we have someone who shared and gave. Some of the fabricated information she gave could have been very harmfull but I do not sense harm was her intent.

It seems to me she had what she needed to get acceptance here, but did not trust herself. If that is the case I hope she is finding herself now.

Jst2laws

• onacruse
    onacruse

Is this the thread?: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/41890/1.ashx

If so, the accusations, and explanations, stand on their own credibility.

and we can only assume that it's going to be the same all over again.

No need to assume that, really. Folks like me are just not accustomed to the vagaries of a DB.

Perhaps this is a prime example of just what everybody here has been saying: You can't judge a person by their posts...but, you must judge a person by their posts...unless and until you meet that person, (which is relatively rare).

No harm intended.

Craig

• herk
    herk

My apologies to all, but I feel it's best to remove all my posts where I nurtured suspicions about Dutchie. As many of you know, her husband died not long ago. Especially in view of that fact, I feel it was unfair and cruel on my part to have thoughtlessly added to her sorrow.

Now that I've been made aware of what her true situation is, I think any persons here who think Dutchie was pretending to be what she is not ought to do some rethinking of their own. I don't know the whole story, but I know enough to realize I made a terrible mistake.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    I guess I'm confused why is that so suspicious? Lots of people cut their hair now for cancer patients etc.

Hi Sheila (posting under Thunder Rider)

You are correct. Many people do this very generous and loving gesture. And I hope that Dutchie actually DID donate her hair. I've spend much time in children's cancer clinics and the loss of hair can very tramatic for some kids, especially teenagers. Wigs made from donated human hair can give those kids one less thing to worry about and allow them to focus on their treatment.

I only question this specifcally because Dutchie started a thread announcing that she had had her very long hair cut. Because she mentioned her long hair often enough in her posts, I felt that it was quite a sacrafice for her and was deeply touched by it. Because she may have lied in other situations, for me, puts everything she ever wrote suspect. Still, I do know that she was very kind, and loving, to many, many people on the forum.

Dutchie was the one who announced to the forum that Queenie(Who I also miss on this forum) was in the hospital. Queenie was long misunderstood on this forum and in part because of Dutchie, we began to understand, and then admire her.

In the end, I just don't understand why anyone would need to changed who they are online. I hold no ill will against Dutchie and I hope that she is happy and well.

Andee

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

damn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit