Where's Dutchie ???

by Guest 77 69 Replies latest jw friends

• herk
    herk

Deleted by poster

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

On a discussion Board, you can be anybody you like...for a while.

HS

• onacruse
    onacruse

HS:

On a discussion Board, you can be anybody you like...for a while.

Interesting, isn't it, how a "fake" sooner or later shows their hand? I had a special fondness for Dutchie, because she almost always posted back something really nice when Katie and I were sharing our courtship with our friends here. I had no reason to suspect her. And, quite frankly, I'm very trusting of how people present themselves here. What I say here is a totally honest reflection of what I am as a person (day-by-day, warts and all), and by my own nature I assume that others who post here are similarly honest.

Katie has better sense than me; she checked me out backwards and forwards before ever we met.

However, I AM savvy enough to not have given any Nigerian diplomats a down-payment on some government funds. I'm learning

Craig

• herk
    herk

Deleted by poster

• myself
    myself

Craig, I agree that Dutchie was very sweet and supportive towards others, even to the extent that others have missed her, and took the time to post seeking her whereabouts. I am pretty much trusting too. I will still give benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise to posters, I guess it does emphasize caution though doesn't it?

Karla

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I am not sure that there was any malevolence attached to Dutchie and her assumed antics. I suspect that she found the fantasy of an exaggerated on-line personna a lot more desirable that the life that she has.

Most people just write a book.

HS

• herk
    herk

I'm now starting to have real regrets that I involved myself in this thread. I just received a private e-mail from someone who claims to know Dutchie real well and who says that she left us for a legitimate reason that none of us here have even slightly touched on. I've been singled out as having done a real disservice to Dutchie by pushing this matter as much as I have, since Dutchie loves all of us very much and is struggling with a spiritual problem that she has to work out for herself.

If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, I'm sincerely very sorry for my part in contributing to any negative thinking about Dutchie.

• onacruse
    onacruse

herk:

I'm sincerely very sorry for my part in contributing to any negative thinking about Dutchie.

fwiw, I don't think you were negative about Dutchie. Nor was I (I hope that was apparent).

Perhaps there is a collateral lesson that I have yet to learn more fully: Judge not others, based on what others say.

With all deference to those of you (which is just about all of you) that have more experience at such things than I do...I'd like to see Dutchie back here.

Just my thought.

Craig

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

I think it was a mistake to raise questions about Dutchie's character. If we judge her by her posts, she is a most caring person. I was encouraged by her good nature and positive attitude. I remember her for that.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

HilaryS

I am not sure that there was any malevolence attached to Dutchie and her assumed antics. I suspect that she found the fantasy of an exaggerated on-line personna a lot more desirable that the life that she has.

Most people just write a book

I feel bad about all this because I feel exactly as you describe above. I cannot imagine the person who posted so much on the board and who we spoke to on the phone had any intent to hurt anyone. If only she could have been herself instead of indulging in that fantasy character she would have been just as loved.

She bought a box full of lambs for us to take to NY for the march. She did not brag about this online. What is the motive of a person like this? If she came back and fessed-up, I would welcome her as she is (and probably encourage she get some professional help).

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit