Does the W.T have financial problems are are they just rebranding?

by The Rebel 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As of other importance and concern is that there are people who live off of the proceeds of the WTS. such as the GB members and branch heads , right down to CO's, from that perspective there is an internal endeavor to keep the WTS in some semblance of financial health.

For example, if your monthly pay check given to you has the Watchtower Corporation written on it and you assumed that your living lifestyle depends on this organization, I think you would be further pressed to keep things cooperatively fluent.

Ie. the GB members don't pay for those air flight tickets themselves when they travel around the world getting their assed kissed like rock star celebrities ....... do they ???

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They have yet to tell the witnesses to stop placing paper books and such in the field.

They have also already done this by telling the R&F to ask contacts at the door or at the trolley if they will definitely READ the literature they are given. It was suggested NOT to leave books or 32/64 page brochures on the first call. They are pushing the 1-page tracts and referring them to the website.

Doc

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Money is property, but it's not liquid. They can't do anything with it if it's tied up in real estate. They can't rent it out like other businesses might as they'd be held responsible by the R&F for whatever those businesses did. So, yes, selling high-value property is dumb in a business model, but makes sense if you need to free up cash.

I also think they are looking to isolate bethel workers even more. I've heard many stories of the trouble that those in the big cities would get in to. By moving to a more remote location, they will lower the number of incidences.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Maybe this new rebranding is a causative effect of realizing the doctrines this organization marketed and promoted are or were false ie. 1914 the end times , the last days , 1975. etc.

Now this is more like it!

Rebrand as JW org to get away from the Dark tower "millions now living will never die "1914 doctrine failure oh yes Finkybaby!!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I also think they are looking to isolate bethel workers even more. I've heard many stories of the trouble that those in the big cities would get in to. By moving to a more remote location, they will lower the number of incidences.

Timelord True true!I read somewhere cults like to retreat into the country at a certain point in their development

Boy, those ceebeegeebee stories outta brooklyn just wow, that place was sin city!!Soo jealous!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

About ten years back, I read about a study commissioned by the Canadian government regarding potential extremist groups, in order to identify them early.

One of the first warning signs that a group was going off the rails was "withdrawal to a semi-rural or rural location".

The moment I first heard about Warwick, this came to mind.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Something to consider Vidoit when its reflectively realized that the WTS built up itself on pretentiously false doctrines which were more relevant to the continuing proliferation of the WTS's own publications.

The WTS is now being confronted and evaluated upon its self structured doctrines of theocracy ( bible interpretations) and just out of sheer coincidence the we are now in an age of information made available by the inter-net.

Dam ! the past GB members and presidents didn't foresee that coming down the road.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

To answer the Title question succinctly:

BOTH.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Two things stand out to me, they sold off property in new York and London in a down market yet if the would of remodeled these properties into what the market desired, condos etc they could have made way more money. Second, they have given up on the preaching work, these lititure carts are proof, having jws stand their not saying a thing. They know preaching is a waste and now hope for family to stay. Their broke and desperate but will survive.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    I think that the borg are rebranding now because they know that they will be short of money in the future,i looked at the annual meeting and david splane asked the camera to pan around the hall i would say that most of the people i could see were over 50 years of age and how many of those people will still be alive in 15 or 20 years time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit