Does the W.T have financial problems are are they just rebranding?

by The Rebel 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe this new rebranding is a causative effect of realizing the doctrines this organization marketed and promoted are or were false ie. 1914 the end times , the last days , 1975. etc.

Therefore they've taken on the initiative to curtail its expenses , push a majority of the articles to digital format.

The leaders of this organization know they have a captive audience that will read and take in the the writings on a continuous basis, so why not give it to them digitally and save a whole lot of time and expense ?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

If you went back 10 years ago, you got the message, "Stop slacking you dead beats, Get out in Service. Don't you know the end is near?"

Now the message is, " Keep those contributions coming, Don't you know it cost money for Warwick, JW Broadcasting, Internet, etc?"

Rebranding

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    The Rebel: OpenCrow....

Are you a bot or do you just do that on purpose? .....ORPHAN Crow.

Please ball point how, the tax status effects my above comments, and requires such instant and immediate attention from the W.T?

No. I will not "ball point" that for you.

Tax laws for non-profits and charitable organizations are fairly complex and require quite of bit of time investment. I recommend, if you really are interested in this...to do your own research. This topic has been covered in past threads.

You continue to make observations and analysis based on the WTS following a "business" model. A nonprofit business model does not look or behave the same as a for profit corporation.

And no, I am not going to 'ballpoint' those differences for you - you will have to do that work yourself.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Fin you make an interesting point about rebranding. Let me make a prophecy, in 10 years the Watchtoer will have another name, and therefore all the crap printed in the past will be hard to find.

This kind of rebranding requires getting rid of the old regime and bringing in the future.

The Rebel.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I think they are having cash flow problems for some reason. Maybe multiple reasons. They have embarrassed themselves with this construction debacle. Also selling off their prime real estate is a sign of losing ground as others have stated.

They are continuing to push digital products more and more. They are even changing the "time slip" to discourage paper placements and encourage digital placements.

But honestly there is still room to go if they want to save money. They are still printing those silver bibles, which are expensive. They have yet to tell the witnesses to stop placing paper books and such in the field. For instance, I am actually shocked they still want publishers to place paper bible teach books on the first visit.

There are still cuts to be made. If they continue to make more and more cuts, then we will know they are sinking, possibly for good. If they turn it around from here with no more cuts, then they avoided their disaster.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

OrphanCrow, thank you for your observation which was " a NON-PROFiT business model does not look or behave as a non profit organisation"

Next you will be telling me nobody owns a non-profit organisation, and the W.T. is owned by Jehover. Gee thanks for that.

The Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Rebel - "Does the WT have financial problems are are they just rebranding?"

They're rebranding, in part, because of financial problems.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Next you will be telling me nobody owns a non-profit organisation, and the W.T. is owned by Jehover. Gee thanks for that.

You are welcome.

• sir82
    sir82

They may even at one point stop the school of Gilead if they can no longer afford to send missionaries into the field, but they will just spin that there are enough missionaries in the current field now and the big A is so close anyway.

They already did this, many years ago. Gilead still exists, but its graduates are usually sent back to their country of origin.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other thing that has to be realized is that printing costs have sky rocketed in recent years and when the majority of your expenses is curtailed in print manufacturing and your receivables are constrained on a donation basis, it makes it very hard to keep your finances in a balanced positive state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit