Does the W.T have financial problems are are they just rebranding?

by The Rebel 54 Replies latest jw friends

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    To me, the fact that they unveiled this whole new kingdom hall design plan with much fanfare, then a few months later cancelled or delayed it all after explicitly saying in a JW broadcasting episode that "more funds are going out than coming in", means there is actually trouble in Watchtower land. They wouldn't flip flop like that unless they didn't see it coming when the new kingdom hall designs were unveiled.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    TheBigMachine: They wouldn't flip flop like that unless...

...there was dissension in the upper ranks.

What is coming next in WT land?

I think we will see disfellowshipping of one or more of the GB. It is the WT pattern and tradition. Whenever there is trouble - the WT finds a scapegoat to take away all their sins.

My money is down on Splane...anyone want to give me odds? It is either Splane or someone else who is going to turn out to be 'Nehemiah'.

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    That would be really interesting too. My money would be on Mark Sanderson since he's lowest on the seniority totem pole.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    I also think it's financial trouble since they've been raiding the congregation and circuit accounts for extra cash and still put projects on hold and have even said that new KHs will be built if the there are funds for that purpose. Which to me means the local brothers will have to donate all over again if they want to build a local KH and don't expect help from mother or the LDC.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OCrow - I think we will see disfellowshipping of one or more of the GB. It is the WT pattern and tradition. Whenever there is trouble - the WT finds a scapegoat to take away all their sins.

I wouldn't rule this out. It's like a football team manager or CEO being forced out for poor performance.....or some such naff analogy.

The reason I say this, is to show that the WBT$ is just a corrupt big business posing as a religion. It is a big business, first and foremost.

God is NOT directing this perverted machine of hatred.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    TheBigMachine: My money would be on Mark Sanderson since he's lowest on the seniority totem pole.

Maybe. But I think that Sanderson is too "clean". He hasn't been around there long enough to get too much dirt under his nails.

He is a good candidate to step up to the plate and clean things up. His face is all shiny clean and his assets would be best utilized in a cleanup role.

Splane is the one who had made some public comments about the WT building projects and such a few years back - he has already stuck his neck into the noose.

Hahaha! maybe we could start a "pool" on the GB who are the most likely to be "stoned".

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    Stephen Lett told everyone in the broadcast that more money is going out than is coming in. In big business when this happens, cuts are made. Sometimes those cuts help the company stay afloat. Sometimes they even turn the company completely around to be a thriving profitable business again. That's what the 25 percent reduction is. They are cost cutting so that income is higher than expenditures again. When all is said and done, there will likely be no financial problem anymore.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if TOMO3 would be bullet proof? He's made some very politically incorrect statements. He sounds permanently drunk.

But then, he's a bully boy. Perhaps they would get rid of him because of that or not for the same reason.

I also wonder what other re-branding they'll do. Re-branding of roles and re naming them in order to justify cutting back and piddling up the backs of those that schmooze.

Sounds like a typical big business? I think so....................

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

To me, the fact that they unveiled this whole new kingdom hall design plan with much fanfare, then a few months later cancelled or delayed it all after explicitly saying in a JW broadcasting episode that "more funds are going out than coming in", means there is actually trouble in Watchtower land. They wouldn't flip flop like that unless they didn't see it coming when the new kingdom hall designs were unveiled.

I believe the new KHall design and promotion was a "smoke screen" to distract the R&F that they were raiding the bank accounts of every Cong worldwide.

I think there is an impending financial disaster about to happen from the multitude of lawsuits waiting in the wings.

However, I still suspect that much of the "poor mouth" publicity is to lay the foundation for filing bankruptcy to discourage the filing of lawsuits, or to support the fact that they are scrambling to hide assets around the world where lawsuits are not so prevalent.

Doc

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I appreciate my thread seems to have gone of topic. To clarify I am not qualified in business, so please explain how the W.T:-

a) Laying of " volunteer" bethelites even comes remotely close to solving the apparent financial problems that the organisation has?

b) From a business perspective an organisation must realise the drastic consequence of making " volunteer" employees redundant ". I am therefore sure they also realise the sheep realise these bethelites have no pension, and neither have they paid social security contributions, ect ect.

Therefore surely they have considered this may result in many awakening and leaving, or at least no longer contributing financially?

I don't get it.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit