UK Terrorists attacks

by Phoebe 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I don't know if anyone has talked about this yet, forgive me if they have. But I am just so, so sad that yet more innocent lives have been so brutally taken. We've now had three attacks in three months and there has been countless terror attacks stopped by the police.

My JW acquaintances see these attacks as proof the end is near. In fact, they almost seem to relish them - as long as no witnesses are involved, of course. When we've had attacks in the past and I've said how sad I am I've often heard 'well, no brothers were involved,' As if that made it all right.

I now am even more affected by these tragic events. They say ignorance is bliss and I guess it is. Cocooned in my belief that it didn't matter what happened in the world God was soon going to fix it and all would be put right, I am left feeling helpless and without hope.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me who has so recently left the 'truth'...will it get better?

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Hey Phoebe, look at my post here. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5629813760983040/why-no-terror-attacks-poland-estonia-etc

It won't get better in the areas that are having a huge muslim growth, but if you move to an area where very few of them, then you won't have to really worry about it. That's the cold hard truth.

• cofty
    cofty
    I am left feeling helpless and without hope

It does come as a shock to realise that nobody is going to miraculously make everything better.

As a society we need to sort out our problems. We are not helpless and there is hope but there are no guarantees of a happy ending.

• Simon
    Simon
    there are no guarantees of a happy ending

I think too many people forget this. We have grown comfy and complacent and think the world we live in will be the world that will exist and that progress will always be forward. It could easily evaporate and it could happen quickly.

Look at the once beautiful places that used to be affluent and luxury destinations to visit, reduced to rubble and dust by war and conflict. Don't assume that can't be your city or neighbourhood. Look at cities where women can only go out wearing a cloth bag if they are allowed to walk outside at all. I happen to like our culture by comparison and the freedoms that we all get to enjoy.

Edmund Burke's famous quote (disputed) is that "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

Imagine what chance evil has if good men not only do nothing, but misguidedly try to assist it and defend the evil ideas and those who hold and promote them?

The world need to wake up to the biggest threat facing civilization now which is not some fictitious oppression of white patriarchy from centuries ago, but the cancer that is Islam.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

My JW acquaintances see these attacks as proof the end is near.

Really ?

Another instance of poorly educated ignorance by a JWS.

Violent religious zealots have been killing one another for centuries, even Muslims against Christians and so forth.

Devoted Christians have been persecuted for centuries as well.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@Phoebe

Hi Phoebe. Please forgive me for not returning your PM"s. I still can read PM's but I cannot send any. Maybe Simon can check the glitch out. Also my thumbs up sign has not worked for months. Also, I am not able to start a topic. Please check it out for me please.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

My Witness family was going on about these attacks last night, all excited about how it was another sign that we are living in the last days. I didn't say it, but I wish these ones would put things in their proper perspective. Because while the loss of even one life is bad, what about the 150 or so women who are murdered each and every year through acts of domestic violence in Great Britain or the nearly 1500 people killed annually on UK roads. Terrorist attacks are bad, no doubt about it ... but ultimately the number of deaths and injures they produce is very, very small statistically speaking. Its just like shark attacks here in Australia. People are paranoid about sharks. But how many people really are killed by them? Again the figures prove that it's by far more dangerous driving to the beach than it is getting into the water.

These people should just have a nice warm cup of tea and calm down a bit.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

These people should just have a nice warm cup of tea and calm down a bit.

These should also get an education.

Jws are known for creating hysterical nonsense out of world events, without realizing or acknowledging human history relative to these events.

Of course you can blame the WTS publishing house for doing the very same thing but their endeavors was more to attract attention to its publications.

It is without argue a fear mongering organization of charlatanism.

• Simon
    Simon
    Because while the loss of even one life is bad, what about the 150 or so women who are murdered each and every year through acts of domestic violence in Great Britain or the nearly 1500 people killed annually on UK roads.

People will die for many reasons. It doesn't mean we should ever accept deaths by terrorism.

How about murder? If enough pedestrians get run over do you get to murder someone and it's OK? How many exactly?

Life has risks for everything we do. People can chose to live how they like and take on more or less risk. Terrorism should NEVER be compared to the normal consequences of life or excused or explained away in any way.

People are paranoid about sharks. But how many people really are killed by them?

Probably far fewer than if they were not paranoid about them and took caution before going into the water.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Many people understandably seek hope,

Jehovah's Witnesses prey upon these people,

It's important to realize the difference between hope and

False hope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit