Biden running in 2024 🤣

by LoveUniHateExams 77 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've filed this under News and World Events, although I could've posted it under Entertainment, lol

Apparently, Joe Biden will be seeking re-election for another term in the White House.

This, despite a recent poll showing that 70% of people don't want him to run again.

Biden just has to be the worst president I've seen. His gaffes, over-relience on a prompter, and, more than any other president, his refusal to answer journalists' questions, all go to make him top of the list in terms of bad presidents.

It will certainly provide entertainment, if nothing else.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

He said he has to finish what he started. That doesn't bode well for the United States. Perhaps this country could be renamed. I hear Amerizuela is open.

• cofty
    cofty

Biden is a figurehead. Will the Democratic party be able to hide him from scrutiny enough to protect the facade?

It's a sad state of affairs when a country the size of the USA look like they are going to resort to a re-run of Biden v Trump. It's difficult to see how Trump could have picked up any additional support since 2020.

Ron DeSantis looks like an interesting option if Trump doesn't destroy him first.

American domestic politics is a matter for Americans but the world needs an intelligent leader in charge of the Superpower.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I don't always agree with you Cofty but honestly? It's depressing. This will be the third surreal election in which any sort of pretence of genuine public service seems completely absent. You couldn't make it up.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yeah, that poll I referred to also has 54% (or was it 64%?) saying Trump shouldn't run as well.

I believe in meritocracy. How the hell can Biden and Trump be the two best candidates?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

In mine opinion, they are all puppets...do you really think you have a voice? We all know the last election was a fraud, but nothing really done about it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

the world needs an intelligent leader in charge of the Superpower.

Agreed. Trouble is that anyone with any intelligence is too damned busy trying to put food on the table and pay their utility bills thanks to the idiots in charge to run for office.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

29% of people approve of Biden vs the current average 48% for "candidate" Trump.

Moreover, most swing states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Georgia etc) Trump is hitting 55-60% vs Biden.

It's going to be an interesting primary on both parties, not sure if there will be Dems that try and primary Biden but according to rumors before his announcement, even Kamala and Buttigieg were thinking of taking a stab at it (the only DOT appointment you've ever known the name of because he's doing such a poor job).

I think ANY Republican can win at this point, like Biden in 2018, just wheel a dead man like Weekend at Bernie's and as long as they can keep it on message, they win.

• titch
    titch

Personally, I do believe that the political situation here in the United States is so screwed up, that I don't even want to consider voting for a President come 2024. I am a registered voter, and I am registered as a Democrat. But---I feel that the Democratic Party should put forward a strong Presidential Candidate who will be able to stand up to the absolute bully that Donald J. Trump is and has been. It has to do that---it must do that. Now I don't know if the Republican Party will nominate D.J. Trump as their Candidate of choice in 2024. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But, if I were to register as a Republican, and Michael Pence were to declare his candidacy for President in 2024, and his name were to be on the Primary Election ballot here in California where I live, i would vote for Michael Pence. And why is that? Because I have much more respect for Mr. Pence than I do for Donald J. Trump. Much more respect. For doing the right thing back in January of 2021, and standing up for principle, and standing up to the bullying of Donald Trump, and adhering to the U.S. Constitution; and doing no more or less than the Constitution allowed him to do. But, we'll see what happens in 2024. As I started out, I have become so disillusioned by the political situation here in the United States, that I might just "sit this one out"---the 2024 Presidential Election. Let the "chips fall where they may." Best Regards, Everyone-----Titch.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"Biden just has to be the worst president I've seen. His gaffes, over-relience on a prompter, and, more than any other president, his refusal to answer journalists' questions, all go to make him top of the list in terms of bad presidents."

Oh, god, not the teleprompter outrage again? Didn't ya'll run that well dry using it against Obama? Maybe Biden can also wear a tan suit so we can really see the Republican pundits piss their pants in scripted outrage all over again...

Republicans sound like one of those dolls where you pull the string on its chest and it has about 3 different phrases recorded.

When Hillary was the nominee "OMG...worst candidate ever ever! She'll the destroy the country!"
    When Obama was President "OMG...worst President ever! He'll destroy the country!
    When Al Gore was nominee "OMG...worst candidate ever! He'll destroy the country!"
    When Bill Clinton was President "OMG...worst President ever! He'll destroy the country!"
    Heck, even JFK was "the worst President ever" in their eyes, until he got shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit