Racial Insensitivity

by Coded Logic 127 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

"BLUE" lives matter!
    - Sheriff David Clarke at the RNC

This BS really makes my blood boil. We give our cops extensive training, specially modified cars, bullet proof vests, batons, mace, tasers, guns, and radios to call for back up so they can protect themselves and so they can stay safe. Even more important, every single police officer SIGNS UP FOR THE JOB!

Do not for one second compare the hazards of being a cop with the unjustified killings of unarmed black men. Do not for one second think you can compare the honor filled funerals of fallen police officers where mayors come out and talk about "duty" and "patriotism" - with the unceremonious body bags of black victims who's every infraction and misdemeanor is touted before the press as public officials attempt to vilify the innocent.

If we treated our African-American brothers 1/10th as well as we treat our cops no one would ever need to say the words "black lives matter".

• ChrisIncredulous
    ChrisIncredulous

I was just going to post this video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qxbfjtj1II

But I also thought: Replace the threat of Islamic terrorism and immigrants with Satan the Devil and Apostates and you basically have this year's JW convention... Fear is a powerful tool in the hands of anyone grasping for power.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Well said.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Do not for one second compare the hazards of being a cop with the unjustified killings of unarmed black men - not sure about this. What about unjustified* killings of cops by armed citizens?

* - I assume that most if not all killings of cops are unjustified.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Viviane???

Pumpkin? My long lost love??

• Simon
    Simon

This idea that cops regularly shoot black people is not proven. It's a narrative that at least a substantial number of the names held as examples have been proven to be false and discredited. It's more Black Lies Matter than Black Lives Matter.

And the notion that any risk should be dismissed with "well, they signed up for the job"? Guess what - so do troops ... so should all the reverence over their deaths stop?

Frankly, I have little sympathy for anyone who is killed due to their own actions and criminal conduct and have every sympathy for the police who have to deal with dangerous people, many of them armed and increasingly wanting to specifically target them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The noteworthy thing is that the cop in the OP saying 'blue lives matter' is ... black.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, police officers have a tough , dangerous job, and I think most of them are good people, but there is a problem with the way black men are treated by the police. Black people are 31% more likely to be pulled over than white people, and twice as likely to be searched, per statistics from the justice department.

I think the problem is a bit exaggerated by some people, but the problem is real and needs to be addressed.

• millie210
    millie210

ALL lives matter.

Or should.

I agree that there are stereotypes and injustices that need addressed.

However, coming up with buzz words and phrases such as "Black lives matter" and "Blue lives matter" does more to polarize than it does to fix.

• Simon
    Simon
    The noteworthy thing is that the cop in the OP saying 'blue lives matter' is ... black

It's almost inevitable that he has to be - because when a non-black person tries to challenge or even question the narrative the accusations of racism are usually close behind.

Apparently some want the expression "all lives matter" to be considered racist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit