Smoker or Non Smoker?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I'm just tired of people giving me constant shit for smoking, as if I was hurting them by smoking outside twenty feet away from any building, not near any kids, or near any public place. People use anti-smoking opinions to have power over people. Example: A woman at my work complained because she said she could smell the smoke of a woman who was outside, four stories below her, with no windows that could open in building (no air vents near there either).

Well, I'm like that sometimes. Trouble with ex-smokers is that they become far more sensitive to tobacco smoke than those who have never ever smoked. I can smell someone smoking outside my home in the street no problem.

Oh yes, smokers are incredibly dense about the pong they make too, they sometimes turn away and blow the smoke in the opposite direction as though that will get rid of the smell. Thing is smokers don't have any sense of smell having burned away their olefactory organs, those of us who have regrown them have to suffer as a result.

Englishman.

• Dansk
    Dansk

DEFINITELY NON - I CAN'T EVEN STAND THE SMELL OF CIGARETTES OUT IN THE OPEN!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I smoke thanks to the stress from being associated with the JWs combined with peer pressure at school. My fiancee is a smoker as well.

However, we've decided that we need to quit before the wedding. It's just too damn expensive. I must say, I enjoy my cigarette, and I will miss it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Non smoker, hubby smokes occasionally. Although he smokes outside. Thank goodness, or I would have to leave.

• dottie
    dottie

I started smoking at 15, then quit at 24. This past January I started again after 4 years. I can make a lame excuse like it was stress due to school or a failing marriage, but all in all I think I just missed it. I am smoking regularly now, and I am enjoying it and will quit when I'm ready

Dottie

• hurt
    hurt

Non smoker. Always have to leave when some flatmate begins to smoke. I wonder at people who smoke in enclosed places when they know they shouldn't, and don't even bother when others who don't like it begin to leave.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Smoking killed my mother and father. Need I say more?

Mrs. Shakita

• Charmed
    Charmed

I'm a non-smoker. First time I tried it, I was still a JW. I wanted to really truly experience smoking since I knew I'd never be able to do it again and I was going to be a writer. So I took the longest drag in history and my tonsils almost burned off. It hurt so bad! My friend who gave me the cigarette almost died laughing at me!

• caligirl
    caligirl

Definitely Non-smoker, and also highly allergic to smoke. I am glad to live where I do, since there is no smoking inside public buildings - I can go out dancing and not worry about getting a migraine! I hate it - I can smell it if someone in a car in front of me in traffic is smoking.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Non-smoker here.

Hate the smell on my clothes and when the smell comes through from someone elses appartment. That pisses me off.

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit