both sexes! what is your favorite scent-cologne/aftershave/perfume?

by Ravyn 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Seven
    Seven

My favorites are Givenchy's Hot Couture, Amarige or Chanel No.5...used sparingly. :)

I don't care for cologne on a man but would never tell him.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Clinique Happy, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea and my personal favorite, Sunflowers.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I don't like 'fake smells' on a guy, either. I much prefer the natural scent (after, of course, it's been scrubbed by plain soap and water!). Back when I was a JW, Polo was really popular. A friend and I used to joke that the less attractive a guy was, the more he slathered on Polo to make up for it . I've never liked Polo, or any other strong cologne, much since.

I almost never wear perfume myself. My husband has allergies and very little sense of smell. I don't have much of a sense of smell, either...when I was a kid, my dad smoked, and I couldn't smell anything. Lots of scented stuff makes me itch. So I never got in the habit of wearing perfume.

However...when I do wear perfume, for me (and I know this will date me horribly!), I love Jovan Musk (yes, I went to high school in the 70's).

I also found an essential oil fragrance at Wild Oats (natural food store) called "Pikaki Lei" that I really like. I'm just not in the habit of putting on perfume every day, though.

• Scully
    Scully

I can't wear scents at work.... there's a fragrance-free policy in place that strongly discourages the use of perfumes, colognes and scents of any kind. Allergies to these products are becoming more and more common place, however, patients who have had recent anaesthesia are highly sensitive to scents and are likely to vomit on you if you are wearing something that's a bit too strong for them. I like to avoid that particular occupational hazard whenever possible.

When I'm not at work, and when the occasion presents itself, I wear Calvin Klein's Escape. Very sparingly. I prefer subtle fragrance to something that's overpowering. I have had lots of compliments with this one, almost as many as I used to get with my old favorite (Andron for Women, again, used sparingly) which is no longer on the market.

Fragrance isn't something I wear all the time, whenever I have the opportunity. I find that people who always wear fragrance become kind of "numb" to it, and end up ODing on it. Better to give the olfactory glands a rest and enjoy the occasional dab of cologne, than to bathe in the stuff....

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit